1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Sergeant Bernard McCabe Sobroam 1846

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jimbo, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi James

Looking good with other leg done ...still think waist is too high ......bet you miss me really ?...LOL

Now then a quiz ..what comes after the 2 P's of ...Putty, Prime .........YES !!!! that's right PAINT .......

Really would like to see you some colour on this .....go on ...you know you want to .....

Nap
  2. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    You've got me pondering about the high waist now Kev, I think it's a low crutch that might be the problem, not sure now??:facepalm:
    Cheers
    Jim
  3. Nap Moderator

England

Mmmmm possibly tis a low crutch also what about blu tacking the equipt in place see how that looks

Looking at the pic his hips look long in comparison to the height of sash ....I am no sculptor so feel free to ignore my mumblings !

All credit to you for going for this piece ...going to be very imposing with PAINT ! ..lol

Nap
  4. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Yes your right Kev he is a little bit long in the waist ie crutch to belt line, It's going to be a Texas chainsaw massacre in about an hour, will post up some more photos once I've performed surgery (y)
    Jim
    malc, Landrotten Highlander and Nap like this.
  5. Nap Moderator

England

For goodness sake be careful .....use the razor you have to shave your legs...lol

Look forward to the updates mate

Nap

PS ...my usual fee applies ......
  6. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England

Don't you just love a chainsaw massacre..
    Jimbo and Nap like this.
  7. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Ouch that hurt!...following chopping him right across the middle, just below the sash line and through two copper wire pegs with much cursing, grumbling, sweat & swearing I now still have all my fingers and have managed to re-fixed him back together again with copper wire peg, superglue and a thin layer of magic sculpt all squeezed together to form a solid joint.
    I think he now looks in proportion with normality and not like someone who's just come off from a session on the "rack"
    Once again Ole Hawkeye "Nap" Peart spotted the deliberate mistake and it's now sorted(y)
    Cheers
    Jim
    P.S. For what it's worth Kev, Connie said the same as you and I had to bow and admit to being a halfwit!:facepalm:....Apparently!

P1070898.JPG P1070899.JPG P1070901.JPG
  8. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    You are doing well on this one Jim, like it a lot.
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi James

Now that's better ....it was only a bit of wire to deal with ...honestly you sculptors cursing ...inbetween eating my biscuits

......now are you sure his "naughty" bits are totally in scale .........

...."does his bum look big in this" ......just saying .....LOL

Looking good me older mate .......

Following closely

Nap
    Jimbo likes this.
  10. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Thanks Bob much appreciated mate(y)
  11. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Yes Kev I reckon he looks much better now, thanks for speaking up & for your input mate, that's the great thing about this forum, constructive criticism is always happily received by me, ...even if I did F & blind when I sat and really study it and thought "Boll##ks! he's right! :nailbiting: just goes to show that you can't see the wood for the trees sometimes with your head down at the workbench,
    Cheers
    Jim
    Landrotten Highlander likes this.
  12. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Mr Jimbo

He does look better , glad my lilt comment didn't cause too much cursing .....now are you sure his bum doesn't look too small.......off to hide

Constructive comments are always welcome here on PF

You can carry on now ...

Nap
    Jimbo likes this.
  13. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Nah! he's bum's not too small..He used to be in the Navy...He was a Rearless Admiral:happy:
    Nap likes this.
  14. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Update on Progress:
    Figure now all complete with everything pinned in but not glued for easy removal & painting, I've sculpted a new sword as I thought the one one that came with the kit was a little small, added a bayonet and a water bottle from my spares box, sculpted straps for the water bottle and also sculpted the rifle sling, also added a chinstrap to his cap and some buttons on the side of the headband of the cap as he would have been wearing a white cap cover, cartridge case was sculpted from scratch as were the ends of his Sergeants sash, he's now already for priming and undercoating.
    Apologies for the horizontal pics...I'm being bit of a Muppet on the camera front:confused:

Cheers
    Jim

P1070903.JPG P1070904.JPG P1070905.JPG P1070907.JPG
    Nap, Viking Bob, malc and 1 other person like this.
  15. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    That's a very good set of legs, you have made a fantastic job of him. Now for the paint. Look forward to more.
    Jimbo likes this.
  16. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Mr Jimbo

Blooming heck even though it's got legs ...Arghhh!! ........

In the words of brother Bob

Like the additions on this really works well

Nice one

Nap
    Jimbo likes this.
  17. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Thanks Bob & Nap, glad you like him, I've got to settle down and get my head around painting him now and there's a lot to paint!:woot:
    Cheers
    Jim
    Nap likes this.
  18. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Really great work Jimbo.
    I'm a sucker for all British periods so looking forward to your art work.

As for pics, if you used a phone take it landscape, camera button on your right hand and that should sort it.

You can drop the sides if needs be.
    Nap likes this.
  19. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Thanks Malc glad you like it, thanks for the info with the camera(y)
    Cheers
    Jim
    Nap likes this.