1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

September 23, 1980

Discussion in '"Today in History", Literature & Media Review' started by Martin Antonenko, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Bob Marley is on stage for the last time...

On September 23, 1980, the world-famous artist Bob Marley performs at the "Stanley Theatre"...

[IMG]

... (today: "Benedum Center") at Pittsburgh (Pennsylvania) for the last time publicly...:

[IMG]

At this point, Marley is already terminally ill with cancer; A metastatic melanoma (black skin cancer) has developed on one of his big toes, which has triggered further tumors in the liver, lungs and brain.

Nevertheless, he gives his last in this performance and plays with a hardly known intensity...:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The last song of the concert is also the last that Bob Marley will ever play on stage: "Redemption Song"...:

Because of his Rastafarian beliefs, the artist refuses treatment for cancer and will die on May 11, 1981 in Miami, Florida.
  2. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

I still listen to Bob when I'm in the "mood" for reggae music.

Steve
    Martin Antonenko likes this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Definitely a amazing musical genius

Still jamming I am sure

Nap
    Martin Antonenko and sd0324 like this.
  4. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

R-662832-1144877168.jpeg.jpg

One of my favorite albums when enjoying some jazz cabbage. It's an amazing album.

Steve
  5. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Junior is just great on guitar.
  6. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter