1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Controversial! +13 Selling review pieces: Cricket or not?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Babelfish, Nov 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    I think it would be great to have a lot of reviews by the membership. It's never occurred to me to do one and I have very few opportunities as I sculpt my own. I just started FeR's Joshua Chamberlain but he is already undercoated. Next time I start something I will try to remember to do a review....but don't expect all the background Kevin inserts :)

If I was reviewing the FeR piece, it would be a very positive report. I am a little concerned though that any constructive comment on another figure would be pounced on based on what I have seen in the past. But I will try to give it a go.
    Mark S, DEL and napoleonpeart like this.
  2. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    OK before the thread is shut down I would like reply to Martins comments ." So you are merely assuming those kits were review samples and not kits he was selling on from his own collection?" No he openly admitted they where review kits . but how they had been reviewed while everything was still on the sprue I'll leave to you .
    "By the end of the show his boxes were almost empty so he must have taken over £800"
    Again it sounds like your assuming rather than giving the facts". I'm not assuming anything , when there where over 12 kits selling between £50.- £60. and only 2 left at the end of the day that's gatta be £500. min. another 10 kits selling between £25-£30. all gone £250. min, plus other kits ranging from £5.-£20. It doesn't take a maths degree to come to the figure of £800.+ no assumption needed ." there appear to be some jealousy going on here me thinks." this seems to have been your main retort to this tread ,if you really read some off the replies I think you will find it's more a case of wary scepticism .
    Now over on YouTube there are guys who take a kit out of the box start cutting of the sprue and start building , giving out comments like wow the detail on a kit this small is fantastic or I had terrible trouble getting this two parts to fit together and then had to fill in large areas . And then going on to finish the kit and showing up the finished produced , That's a review.
    Chippy
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Mods ....

LOCK THIS THREAD please !

Nap
  4. Mark S Guest

I prefer planet nut job to being planet blow job.
  5. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    More childish bickering escalating out of control.

Thread locked

Tommi
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.