1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Seil's Official Announcement

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Guy, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States

Dear followers and supporters of Seil Models,

It is with a sad heart and many hours of making this decision that I have had to take the steps to close the doors to Seil Models as of April 25th, 2008.

With the ever increasing cost of production and transportation, it has become impossible to keep Seil Models a viable operation for all who have invested in Seil. I wish to thank all the loyal followers who made Seil Models what it has grown to be, and for their continued support through the last several years.

I send all my warmest regards to the figure painters and their families who have supported us.

Jung

In all the 35 years of being in this hobby, this is the first time I have seen a company address its fans and followers and do things the right way. A lot of people in these years, and even recently, have just disappeared and not responded to questions or inquiries by email. Mr Jung is doing this the right way, as it should be done when a decision like this has to be made. He is being up front with us. My hat is off to Mr Jung and my respect for him deepens. I wish Mr Jung and his family at Seil the best of luck in their future endeavors and activities.

Guy
  2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Truly a sad announcement. They had a very high quality product and seemed enthusiastic about presenting it. Thier packaging, sculpting and presentation was top-notch, sorry to see this indeed. Thanks for the effort in getting the word out, good luck Jung and all who had a hand in making Seil what had become!

Jay H.
    OKC
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    This is very sad news for everyone who has admired the craftmanship and quality of Mr Jung's superb figures and busts. I join with Guy in thanking Mr Jung for dealing with this very difficult decision so openly and treating his many admiring customers with such respect. Best wishes to Mr Jung and I hope you will continue making your figures for your own personal enjoyment.

Cheers
  4. Zlobov*S Active Member

It is a shock......

Fine collective, the fine attitude{relation} to associates and business, tremendous successes of the company, present{true} friends Seil!
    The big hope we do not say goodbye!
    Yours faithfully.
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Shocking,
    This is very very sad news for the figure painters.
    High quality for good price is gone.
    Very, sad.

Marc
  6. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    That makes me to be a bit pesimistic: if a company doing such a fine job and with that good behaviour has to close...
    My best wishes for Mr Jung and all the staff.
  7. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very well said Guy.
  9. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    future

A sign of things to come maybe as this reccession takes a grip?
    Good luck to Mr Jung , it's sad news indeed.
    Pete
  10. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Good luck to Mr Jung and Thanks for all the fine Figures.
    John
  11. dArtagnan A Fixture

Belgium
    At first I could'nd believe it, such great looking figures, and because I have

some Seil figures and know what a fine quality they make, I know that it will

not only change Mr Jung's world, but it will be a lost for all of us.

I wish Mr Jung all the luck, but in my heart I wished it was only a bad dream!

All the best!

Eddy.
  12. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    One company less, and a good effort is gone . Maybe we must consider some things individually, regarding to where the hobby goes, think about the parasites that make copies and shoot direct the legal companies , and many other sad things ........

Best luck to Mr Jung , and thanks for his decent effort
  13. AJLaFleche Well-Known Member

What a bummer.
  14. moore Active Member

United-States
    Background Please...

I am farily new to the hobby.. but it is always sad when a business
    closes down. I have seen their kits and they are very nice. I do not
    own any of their kits... now I wish I did. I may look on-line and purchase one.

Can someone tell me how long they had been in business ?
    Did they do their own sculpting ?

I do recall that they were going to be selling painted figures also.

So what happens to their molds ?
    Would someone pick up their line ?

Sorry for all the questions... I am just curious.

Thanks
    Dee
  15. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    It will NEVER happen, but Seil has left a fine footprint for other companies to follow in terms of customer relations as well as innovation and quality in subject matter. Not that all existing manufacturers need the example, but there are some, BIG, BIG outfits, that could learn from Seil's brief but huge impact on the miniature world. Of all their fine qualities, I think Seil's obvious respect for the customer shines the brightest. It is reflected in Mr. Jung's post, in their service, in their selection of what they produce, in their insistence upon all the quality they can put into their products. I think all companies start with this goal, but success dims the original vision. Not so Seil. Quality from git to quit. Farewell my friends.--
  16. renarts Active Member

United-States
    Begining of the dominoe effect?
    I wish him well and will miss the line of figures. Sadly as stock is depleted you'll likely see a hike in prices on e-bay etc that I'm sure would keep his company afloat if he had direct benefit of that pricing. Ironic that those that might have refused or avoided paying higher prices will now pay premium for something that ultimately will be way more expensive than any hike he could have instituted.

I am curious now as to the state of other companies. Do they operate that close to the margin that as the economy bumps so do they? Do all companies operate that close to the margin? Not very successful companies then are they? What will come out the other end of the tunnel?
  17. busso_boy New Member

Australia
    As a trader of Seil's product i was shocked when i heard the news, its a big gap to try and fill when the stock runs out (i have a good 12 months worth left at current sales levels).

Of all the companies i deal with Seil is/was the easiest to talk to and the first to come to my aid when it came to giving away prizes at shows etc etc. and any company that can pick, pack and ship an order to be on my door 2-3 days later is made of the right stuff.

I echo the statements made here already and wish ALL at Seil the best of luck in future endeavours.

I would also like to state that I will not be jacking up my prices on Seil's range to make a buck at Seils expense and until stock runs out i will continue to promote the product that i feel is just as good as any other in the world
  18. Black Army Well-Known Member

Hungary
    You are right, it's very dangerous. But I hope it won't be an domino effect. Mr. Jung! Thanks for all the great Figures! Good luck!
  19. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Very sad news, I just recieved recently one of their figures and was very pleased with the quality and the presentation. It's a pitty that such a fine company has to stop.
  20. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Sad that such a professional company has gone,I always looked forward to seeing what was new from Seil. Hats off to Mr Jung, all the best for the future.
    David