1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Seil Models

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Guy, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I was really pleased to see a new release by Seil Models of a figure sculpted by planetFigure's Stephen Mallia.

Seil Model Web site

SH 54018
    Irish Zouave, Civil War
    69th New York State Militia, Company K
    sculpted by Stephen Mallia ( pf member )
    painted by Sheng Yan

[IMG]

** Additional Photos on next post **
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Sorry guys...........some techical problems on the 1st image

Attached Files:

3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    additional pic

Attached Files:

4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    final photo

Attached Files:

5. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Stephen, I did not realize you were doing this as a commercial piece, congratulations. It's nice to see an early war unit represented. There are a few areas I'd like to comment on, mind you these are more constructive where the sculpting is concerned. The trouser legs are odd in that the legs seem to get more narrow as you get towards the knees coming down from the thighs and up from the ankles. The other comment has to do with the jacket. Though well sculpted, the relaxed nature of the figure might have been improved by the addition of a few folds to the jacket as it appears very stiff. You definitely deserve high marks for the pose as it's not one easily done especially for a kit.~Gary
  6. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    CONGRATS,Stephen,that's a really nice pose that you got there for the figure ! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  7. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    I have been praying someone would start to come out with zouaves other than the 5th NY; so I gotta get this one!
  8. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Guys, thanks for the positive comments.

Gary, thanks for your constructive notes. You have a point regarding the trousers. The reason I went wider especially at the bottom was the fact that these trousers were sort of like the '70's bell bottom trousers if you know what I mean. So I had to go tighter around the knees and wider on the other end. With regards the jacket I'm not totally sure because of the heavy material of it. Apart from the fact that it drove me nuts when I came to position it as naturally as possible. The figure is divided midways and that made it even harder.

Stephen Mallia
  9. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Wonderful sculpt, Steven and I'm happy to hear that it's been taken up by Seil. Congratulations!

All the best,
    Dan
  10. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    Really nice figure, Stephen. It's on my "wish list" now.
  11. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Welldone mate :lol: so glad you're carrying our flag so high or should I say relaxed :lol:

Ray ;)
  12. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Stephen, Here is a somewhat faded image of Company K, 69th Regiment NY Militia. As you can make out from the soldier's trousers they are quite straight legged. They actually get narrower rather than bell out as you approach the ankle and are fuller in the knee area. As for the jacket it was fairly lightweight compared to a greatcoat. I'm sure it was an engineering job you won't soon forget, not something I would have been too thrilled to have to do. Congrats again.~Gary
  13. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Gary, one point for you. I have to admit that I was a little misled by the reference I had.

Stephen Mallia
  14. bucsfan21 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Stephen, I look forward to getting one of these! Long time since anyone did a member of Meagher's Zouaves. Last one I recall was the I/R 54mm Zouave release back in the mid 80's. Congrats Stephen, I look forward to this one alot as I am a big fan of zouaves and their dress during ACW.

Best of Everything, Terry Martin
  15. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Stephen, Thanks, but my aim is just to share some information with you not score points. I'm far from an expert on any of this and I'll forget far more than I'll ever be able to remember. I can see this is a figure that has generated some interest, looking forward to your next project.~Gary
  16. nagashino New Member

Hi Stephen

Nice work mate - I love that pose, especially with the foot overhanging the base and the overall relaxed look.

I shall definitely be adding this to my next Historex order (now that they stock Seil figures)

Best regards

Phil
  17. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Congrats Stephen!

Great fig!

Gary does have some valid points but it is still a superb figure!
  18. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Well done, Stephen
    I like the pose

Thanks Phil was not aware Historex stocked Seil Models
    good to know

Frank
  19. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Stephen,

I most echo the others. Great figure, and something different.

Marc
  20. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Thanks guys for the positive feedback. It's very encouraging.

Gary , just joking my friend. I always accept good, from the heart, constructive critisism. It makes my work better

Anders, I agree with you. Guess there was a loophole in my research :lol: :lol:

Stephen Mallia