1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Secret Russian Stuff

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by TWOMOONS, Nov 15, 2010.

1. TWOMOONS Active Member

United-States
    For the past few weeks (or maybe days-it all runs together for me), I've been reading these excellent posts and looking at these fabulous pieces from Russian painters and enthusiasts. I think their painting disciplines and approach makes them so great as a group; but they seem to have some pretty awesome products, too.
    I've seen some fantastic water been made from a product which seems only available in the Ukraine...then there's this paint line called HOMA, I believe, that looks interesting too.
    Now, non-Russians have fine paints available to them, but who nows how good these paints are...is this why the polishing technique used on ancient armor is so wonderful?
    Does anyone know how to get any of this "unavailable" stuff...particularly the water making material?
    Glasnost man, glasnost....
  2. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    i hear ya Phil. Been looking for the secret stuff myself but without luck. Keep me posted if anyone lets you know.
  3. TWOMOONS Active Member

United-States

As usual, my posts are drawing the absolute bare minimum in responses, so I guess I'm still out there on my tangent. Doesn't look promising. I'm going to go on a hunt for them, but not that hopeful. So far, zero.
    I sure will let you know if I do come across anything Mike, I'd love to get my hands the water material...it looked so good on the Greek ship bow dio....
  4. DrLutz Member

Israel
    TWOMOONS, here is a staff catalogue: http://www.diorama.com.ua/index.php?cat=265
    Everything in russian of course. Every 16 ml bottle of paint cost is $1.31 (or 10 ukrainian coins)
    And here is long story in russian how to order/how to pay: http://www.diorama.com.ua/shop_content.php?coID=12
    One suitable thing at least that you can order it by e-mail: diorama-dnepr@ukr.net
    And the second one is: "For buyers from other countries access to any payment options for payment systems - CONTACT, UNISTRIM, ANELINK, Western Union"
    Good luck!
  5. TWOMOONS Active Member

United-States
    Vlad...thanks so much for the lead! Way to go...