1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Second try: kinda selfpotrait

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Bert Takken, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Bert Takken New Member

Netherlands
    My first attemp to sculpt a bust was satisfied, but really not very well, so I told the wife I would sculpt her...............................well, do you know how cold it can be in the Netherlands when sitting under a bridge by Cristmas Eve? I can tell you, I've done that.

So, looking the next day for a subject into my laptop I've found a pic of me, on a bikeparty a couple of years ago. I decided to make a bust with was looking very familiar of me. It's the first time I sculpt a face, but looking the whole time into a mirror would very bad for my healthness.

On the pics you will see some dust, thats partly the flower I used to unstick the Fimo and it highlighted by the flash, but after a good bath en primer it will be ok.....................I hope

Well enough said..............o one next thing, I must scratch glasses, but must figure out wich way is the best way

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

BertUS
    alexwencho and Ray like this.
  2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Not a bad job for your first attempt. It does get easier with each one and each will also get better. The one thing that stands out if anything is the upper portion of the torso/ rib cage looks a bit flat. I believe it has more to do only sculpting less than half of a figure. Good luck. ~Gary

Attached Files:

3. Bert Takken New Member

Netherlands
    thanks Gary, it's an usefull tip

but ...................I wrote that it's a selfportrait, I'll attached a pic where you can see, that in real life I'm as fat as the Reaper, so, the bust is flat aswell

I'll do the next one better, it will be a smaller one, 1/16 or something like that

[IMG]
  4. ookami Member

Mexico
    I like it is a great work for being your second attempt, keep having fun and you will get a lot better very soon.
  5. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice work for a second attempt! (most folks never try a first!)

Did you sculpt it entirely then bake it ?
  6. Bert Takken New Member

Netherlands
    No, it did it 3 times, first I made the towel, the leftside completly and the collar, then the right side and the third time the back, I did the head in 4 times, because I had a wrong planning. But I really like it to sculpt, maybe I should try Miliput or something like that with no baking.

I get to many ideas, so I must hold myself and paint first the both bust before I started with the next one

After a couple of bust I must try to sculpt a whole figure
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Yes Bert,
    I met you once in Amersfoort at a Twenot Meeting in 2000 maybe 2001. You sold me two bust's. That was the beginning of my painting carriere.
    You have hit yourself on the nail. Great work. But i believe you had more hair then :D.
    The glasses could be made by fine solderwire.
    Keep up the good work.

Marc
  8. Bert Takken New Member

Netherlands
    Thanks Marc
    yeah, it's been a long time ago. i'm not really a twenotter anymore, i'm now admin at Modelbrouwers.nl
  9. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Looking good. Any chance of the photo your working from?
    Carl.
  10. Bert Takken New Member

Netherlands
    A bit. Forgot to made the pocket before the collar. After baking I saw the fault. I put not every patch on it, a couple maybe, but will paint it first
  11. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Bert great work on your second bust!

Groeten,
    Marcel.
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I also quit the Twennot years ago. Just lurking on there site. But since you sold me the bust's i never build a tank. It's only figures.

marc