1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Seaforth Highlander, Andrea 54mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tonydawe, Jul 8, 2009.

1. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Rob, thanks very much for your comments. I greatly appreciate your feedback.:) You really should have a go at tartan if you enjoy going old quickly!!

G'day Mark. You funny bugger, now everyone thinks I'm the Oscar The Grouch of Planet Figure.:D I'm sure Folkestone has some lovely dumpsters, but I'll try to find a hotel room if I can.:eek:

Hi Daniel, I've had the house to myself for the past 3 days which means I've had no distractions from the wife and kids and have been blissfully modelling away and listening to music for hours.:D:D:D You're right, the legs hadn't been painted when I took those pics, but they have been now.;)

Hi David, thanks mate. I'm pleased you like my progress so far.:) I've taken a few more pics to show you where I'm up to now.

The next major challenge is the criss cross pattern on the stockings, which requires some careful brushwork and a steady hand.:eek:

Attached Files:

2. Aterz Active Member

Italy
    Great job Tony, this figura is not easy to paint but your result is very good.
    I follow with interest your WIP..

regards from Italy and Happy painting!
    Andrea
  3. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    I like this figure,looks and can be painted very dramatic-good start!!!
    chris
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Andrea, thank you for your comments. 54mm is very small scale for me, so this has been a particularly difficult figure to paint. I'm pleased you like it.

Hi Chris, thanks mate. It's a very dramatic and heroic pose.
  5. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Tony excellent work sofar on the face and tartan!! looking forward to see the stockings painted.

Cheers,
    Marcel.
  6. RFL Active Member

United-States
    The face looks especially good in the last bottom pic, nice contrast & blending IMO.
  7. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Amazing painting, Tony.
    Tartan's design is perfect.
    The facial painting is also very wonderful.
    I'm looking forward to progress of your work very much.

Mitsutaka
  8. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Tony, great painting so far I especially like the tartan, looking forward to following thread through to the finish. If you go on Googe Earth you'll see several Dumpsters, or as we call them Skips in and around the Hall , let me know which one you prefer and I'll try and reserve it for you.:D:D
    Cheers Ken
  9. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Marcel, thank you for your comments mate.:) As you can see from the photos below, I've now done the stockings, and I think they've turned out OK.:eek:

Hi Richard. Thanks for your comments. I'm very pleased you like the face and the tartan. I put a lot of time and effort into painting both.:)

Hello Mitsutaka, you are too kind my friend.:eek: Thank you for your generous comments.:D

Hi Ken, thanks for your kind comments and your generosity in helping me find decent accomodation in Folkestone.:D:D:D Perhaps you could come over to my skip for a piss up on Saturday night!!:cool:

The rifle and sling have only been base coated so far. My apologies for the crappy pics.:eek::eek: My camera simply can't cope with 54mm figures

Attached Files:

10. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    This turned out just great Tony and that tartan plus the checked stockings look spot on!! Welldone matey........

Ray ;)
  11. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks Ray,

I'm working on the ground work now and will finish the rifle and sling, and do a few final touch ups, tonight. Thanks for your comments and encouragement mate.
  12. alamac Well-Known Member

Australia
    G'Day Tony.
    Mate ,you reckon I'm crazy with the scale i play with, ha ha, but 54mm tartan, i take my hat off to you, you've done yourself proud on this one.
    Cheers
    Al
  13. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    G'day Big Fella, do me a favour and give me warning before you take your hat off. I need time to put my sun glasses on so I don't get blinded from the shine off your noggin'.

Thanks for your comments mate. It's the room with the rubber wallpaper and the white tuxedos for both of us I think.
  14. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Finished - Final Pics

Hi guys,

I've now put the finishing touches on this wee Jock.:D

I'm pretty happy with how the tartan and the stockings have turned out, and the use of oils over acrylics really seems to suit my painting style. I'll be sticking with it.;)

The base is a small piece of pine from the local hardware store, with some DAS clay and a few scattered bits of kitty litter and some static grass added.:D

I hope you like how he's turned out too.:eek: Thanks for looking and following my SBS.:)

Attached Files:

15. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent work Tony,
    Sticking with oils over acrylics??? Well that's the best thing you could do.:D:D:D:D

Marc
  16. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks Marc, I'm pleased you like him.
  17. HiroshiAirborne Active Member

United-States
    Absolutely amazing work, Tony! You're definitely an intrepid artist here, especially with that tartan.
  18. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hello Hiroshi,

There's a fine line between intrepid and crazy, and sometimes I'm not sure which side I'm on. But it pleases me to know that you enjoyed viewing my SBS and you like the finished result. Thanks for your comments.
  19. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Intrepid is where you think you are, crazy is where all those in a comfort zone think you are.....

Great work Tony....

thanks for sharing the SBS, are you a Tartan Masochist? :D

cheers
  20. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Tony, it's looking great. The tartan and hose turned out beautiful. I eagerly await your next project. (Good result on the Ashes though)
    Regards,
    Carl.;)