1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Seaforth Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Sep 19, 2006.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I started this, my first bust, last night. I'm pretty pleased with progress so far but if anyone has any constructive comments please post them.

Roger

Attached Files:

2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    One more. He is supposed to look tired and dirty, hopefully i have acheived this.

Attached Files:

3. Nap Moderator

England
    Roger ,
    What a character , he really does look exhausted , are you using oils or acrylics ? , I notice that on the very edge of the coller there is what looks like a small hole perhaps a litle filler , can you let me have details of where this can be got ...keep us all posted with loads of pics ....

Regards Kev
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Kev, the bust is available from David Ridley aka Forlorn Hope Miniatures. he is a member of Pf

Contact details Here

He is painted with acrylics and the small hole is something I get when using white car primer, funny but it never occurs with grey but pretty easy to cover up.

Roger.
  5. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Roger, very nice, I like what you've done so far, looking forward to seeing more,

Cheers
    Roc. :) .
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you very much Roc your comment is very encouraging and much appreciated.

Roger.
  7. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Very nice so far Roger! I see you've discovered the close up macro! :0

All the best,
    Dan
  8. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Roger,
    great start so far. I think your attempt at making him look tired and dirty is pulled off nicely! The transistions are nice and soft for acrylics as well. One thought, the right eye looks a bit too far "in". The left seems to be looking straight forward, and the right looks just a tad bit too far to the center. It looks like you might be able to nudge it over a bit because it looks like it could stand to be just a tad bit bigger on the out side edge (right side of the iris can be rounded off just a bit more). This may help it come over visually just enough to even them out perfectly. Keep us posted! Looking good so far!

Jay H.
    OKC
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Dan. I bought two books yesterday, The Osprey book on British Heavy artillery 14-18 and one on Digi photography, oh no not another hobby!!!!!!!

Roger.
  10. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Jay, thanks for the comments. Not sure what to do with the eyes, I don't doubt what you've said but I can't see it myself at the moment so I'm going to leave it and go back and look later. My eyes are going a bit skew wiff just now :)
    As always your comments are very welcome.

Roger.
  11. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hi Roger
    Nice Start
    I Augur a good continue

Salute MAB :)
  12. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Hi Maurizio,
    Thanks for the comment, hopefully things will continue to go well :lol:

Roger.
  13. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    The lighting on these two photo's isn't very good but here is the progress so far.
    I must admit I haven't done anything with the eyes yet, I haven't plucked up enough courage to play around with them.

Attached Files:

14. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    None of the equipment is finished yet it's just the way I slap my paint around :lol:

Roger.

Attached Files: