1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Sculptris: Male head template

Discussion in 'Digis - Digital Miniatures 3D Modeling' started by pokrad, Feb 1, 2012.

1. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Here is the "final" version of the "posing puppet":

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Now I'll try to do a male body ;)
  2. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    Looking good.
  3. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    With my limited knowledge, I managed to get this two poses out of the blender:

Option 1:

[IMG]

Option 2:
    [IMG]

I would like to make it in 1/24 scale so she can be displayed with 1/24 car scale model.
    Which one should I choose for base for further sculpting (I kinda like second option more) ???
    gordy likes this.
  4. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    looks very good Darko......

second one! :)
  5. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Start on possible version of clothing(trowsers). I must admit that non-organic stuff is harder to do in sculptris than organic:

[IMG]
  6. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Her waist appears to be too thick but other than that, nice go so far.
  7. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    It is not too late to make it thinner ;) Thx !
  8. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Started the shirt:

[IMG]
  9. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    she looks well balanced Darko. How she looks with longer, wind in her hair?

my gift for you:

so much love this song, helped me through a hash time...

R.
  10. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    I'm not going to detail it further as I think that for 7cm this should be enough (and the vertex count is going close to 300000), so I'll do the shoes and that's it for the first version:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Pozdrav !
  11. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    This is almost final (only shoes were added later):

[IMG]

I ordered it from www.shapeways.com, size 73mm, material "White detail" price is $17.60 for printing and $20 for shipping. I wish I live closer to them ;)
    Hope it will print OK...
  12. Wigdog Active Member

United-States
    Really impressed with what you guys have done and wanted to follow it for updates! Congrats.
  13. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Thx ;) I'm so nervous now as I do not know what to expect (as a result), but will prepare one more, a bit slimmer, longer hair and different pose and clothes.
    If this first one turns out OK, second one will be printed too.
    In any case, I'll write some "print review" when it arrives and put the pics of printed piece together with my "observations".
    For example I do not have idea if I put enough details for that scale (around 379000 triangles), how thin parts (as fingers) will turn out, and in the end I do not know how my brain played tricks on me while I was sculpting in front of the "flat" two-dimensional screen. I just have idea how it should like in 3D, and see that idea on screen - but feel that it might look completely different in real...

Happy sculpting anyone ;)
  14. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    No response from shapeways yet, but I'm preparing the "modern" version:

[IMG]
  15. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Finished second version, with first piece of "hardware" (bracelet), not going to bother you with this any more ;)

[IMG]
    Meehan34 and gordy like this.
  16. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Today I got back to this head:

[IMG]

I wanted a head for Daredevil, played with it for a few hours, and I think I got something that can represent Daredevil's head in my imagination:

[IMG]

So Rene, I started with the work !!! ;)
    Meehan34 likes this.
  17. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    DD was my own choice, you might as well sculpt someone or somehing else, Elektra or so.
    For Wally Woods version I don't think of a complicated face, it's just a comic.

but please go on.

Rene
  18. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    I continued for a hour or so on this head, wanted to add some costume detail (shoulder rubber reinforcements) to make it more interesting, but my notebook is choking - I had to continue on better computer (no way to add more detail like costume wrinkles, as whole thing is so slow and can't make clean tool strokes):

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Meehan34 likes this.
  19. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    the devil made you do this :) Looks good man.
    I showed you this youtube film from Mc Fly, they used this technique too.
  20. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    :) You might be a lot of things, but definitelly not a devil...:)
    Now..the wrinkles, I'm thinking that on such tight mask, the most of them would be around ears (and I do not want to remove them - for a blind person ears should be very important - contrary to that presented in the movie where they are not visible at all) and the neck...