1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Sculptris For Flats?

Discussion in 'Digis - Digital Miniatures 3D Modeling' started by Glen, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Glen Active Member

United-States
    Hi all. I've downloaded Sculptris and I'm try to create a flat. Having some issues... I start out with the program's default ball of virtual clay, but I can't seem to flatten it into a round but flat disk. Once I get there I think I can pus, pull, pinch, and crease my way to a flat. Does anyone know how I can get to the disk or is Sculptris not suitable for this?

Since this is just a hobby, purchasing ZBrush is beyond the pale...

Cheers,

Glen
  2. mash3d Member

funny I was just tinkering with the idea of making Flats myself.
    In Scluptris you do have the option of importing an .OBJ file.
    It's the middle button on the sixth row called OBJ>.

It's a bit of work but you could download Blender 3d or Google sketchup and create a flat box. Make sure it's subdivided a few times.
    Save it out an an OBJ and import that into Scluptris.

Keep in mind a flat plane won't give you the traditional Cutout outline of a flat figure.
    But you might want to keep it on a flat plane when printing it out for support.
    Then once you have the physical print cut out the outline.
  3. Glen Active Member

United-States
    Thanks mash. I'll give it a shot and report back. Not today, tho'; there's a full day of the NFL in front of me... (y).

Cheers,

Glen