1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Sculpting the Horse - Anders Heintz

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola All,

Here is my version. It is 54mm and it will be a Ranch Horse. Now Ranch horses are some of the smartest horses I have been around, they know how to conserve their energy when they get a chance, as once they get going, they never know when they will have time to rest again. I tried to show this in the pose of this horse, eventhough its very static, I tried to add a bit of dynamic aspects to it by posing the neck straighter and the head hanging as he is resting. Dont worry about the feet not being great, as well as the head, it is just temporarily pinned on there.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

More to come!
  2. Zlobov*S Active Member

Anders! - to use that you did not begin very well ready model of a pose, and have changed to the discretion!
    Work accurate. What material is used?
    Anders - I see one small detail which can prevent the further work-
    1 - the center (axis) of a neck does not coincide with the center of the case is there will be an easy inclination of a head to the right?
    2 - the head of a horse from two details - distance between them wide is will prevent to mould a head - to make a flat head better

Thanks for your process, horse for the cowboy it is good. What breed is pleasant to you - Квотерхорс?
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Oups! Double Posting...
  4. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Sergey,

Yes, I decided to change the neck so it would be more relaxed as I have seen countless times while working on the ranch and taking a short break watching the herd.

The material is Apoxie Sculpt.

1) The head will be a little to the side, not quite as much in the pictures though, it is just pinned in place and will slide back and forth.

2) I can make another head like the template and try it that way as well. I choose to make it bigger so I would carve material away, will try both ways and see which works best.

As far as breed, Id like to show a quarterhorse type of horse, but not pure bred. Maybe some mustang (Mexico Horse) features as well. Pure bred horses was not all common on the range in the 1870-1880's, although they did exsist.
  5. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    Interesting approach. If I didn't know better I'd say that it's going to be animated!
  6. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Good work Anders!
    Interesting method of sculping a horse.
    best regards
    christos