1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Sculpting hair in 1/35

Discussion in 'Just starting...' started by Jim Lawrie, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Jim Lawrie New Member

Is there any tutorials anywhere that anyone could recommend on sculpting hair in teeny-weeny 1/35?
    I'm interested in sculpting a variety of hairstyles on some Hornet 'bare heads'
  2. Nap Moderator

England
  3. Jim Lawrie New Member

Yeah, I can't tell which ones are useful or not. A lot of youtube is dubious at best if you're a layperson
    theBaron likes this.
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Blob of green stuff, detail with a needle.(y)
  5. Sergei Active Member

United-States
    I find it strange when people receive a very detailed answer to their question and even do not bother to thank.
    Jim Lawrie likes this.
  6. Jim Lawrie New Member

Well, I already had searched :D
    I am very grateful, but everything I have found from this is usually for 1/16 scale and bigger. The systems don't really translate so as you can understand I couldn't use the answer.
    Still, please forgive any rudeness on my part.
    Nap and housecarl like this.
  7. bigtodd PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Try this one as it is close to the scale.

This will give you tool size to use. But all the other videos Nap posted are great and will give you the same thing about overall process and how to build up from the side and back first then move to the front. How hair is a volume and not individual things.

Cheers,
    Todd
    Nap and Jim Lawrie like this.
  8. Jim Lawrie New Member