1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Sculpting Contest

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by quang, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Leigh!

I don't know what to say except.....What are you doing? This is looking sooo Good! (y) It must be something in the water down under.

Keep up the great work! (y)

Joe
  2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Leigh, Very very nice. Though 54's are your main area of concentration I never doubted your ability to do a large scale piece.

I'm not sure if or when I'll be able to post pics of something next as my camera has seem to have suffered a major catastrophie. The thing has basically shut down, and will not function regardless of having a battery in it or connected to an adapter. My web research has revealed a serious problem with the Nikon Coolpix 885. If you get a "system error" message on the little screen every now and again the life of the camera is in question. One message regarding this problem had it happen only 4 days after the person purchased the camera. I'm not surre if any of the other Nikon Coolpix range has this fatal flaw but please research the matter by looking at product reviews. Nikon has been aware of the problem for some time from what I've read, but seem unable/unwilling to correct it, which ticks me off seeing that I only purchased mine May of this year. If I'm unable to get the problem resolved or if Nikon is not willing to replace the camera, I will never spend another cent on one of their products. I guess I can post text updates (which is hardly the same) but that's about it. I'm done ranting. Again very nice work Leigh.~Gary
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Leigh!!

That looks really good! So interesting to see everybodies progresses!
  4. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Thanks guys,

Joe I hope we don't have another drought here then

Gary, I hope you can get your camera working again, anyway I'll look forward to your updates.
  5. btavis Active Member

United-States
    This is such a fabulous idea and it so rewarding to see each person's approach.
  6. maethor New Member

Hi all,

(First, i'm sorry for my poor english )

This is my entry for the sculpting contest :

[IMG]

Hight : 3,5 cm
    made with Magic sculp

I have to make somme corrections for more resemblance (likeness ?)
    comments are welcome
  7. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wow!

Great job maethor! I think its great likeness already :)
  8. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Very nicely done Maethor. What do you suppose it would scale out to? The equivalent of 90mm maybe?
  9. maethor New Member

I think that scale is rather 120mm (head is 18mm high) but it's by chance because when I start this chest, the scale wasn't the first of my worries ;) (it's my forth attempt to sculpt)
  10. maethor New Member

Oups... fourth attempt
  11. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Ok, I've FINALLY started on this project...

I've posted the pics in my workbench section under Little Hand. If I'm better off posting here (Guy, Gordy??) please let me know and I'll do so.

-jim cox
  12. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Ok, I've FINALLY started on this project...

I've posted the pics in my workbench section under Little Hand. If I'm better off posting here (Guy, Gordy??) please let me know and I'll do so.

-jim cox
  13. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jim,you can always link to the workbench ;) best of both worlds!

to all, outstanding work! (y)

for those that requested we at pF do a similar theme/contest
    I'll defer that to CreafiG's, it's their feature, and i'd like not to hijak their idea ;) Having the CreafiG's folks invite pF to play has opened new friendships across the seas and that what we at pF really want to emphsize: bringing together and establishing an international community of like minded enthusiasts!
  14. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jim,you can always link to the workbench ;) best of both worlds!

to all, outstanding work! (y)

for those that requested we at pF do a similar theme/contest
    I'll defer that to CreafiG's, it's their feature, and i'd like not to hijak their idea ;) Having the CreafiG's folks invite pF to play has opened new friendships across the seas and that what we at pF really want to emphsize: bringing together and establishing an international community of like minded enthusiasts!
  15. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Gordy, did just that (edited the original post).

-jim cox
  16. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Gordy, did just that (edited the original post).

-jim cox
  17. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Hey guys, how's everyone coming along with their bust project? Love to see some updates! Gary? Leigh? ....

-jim cox
  18. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Hey guys, how's everyone coming along with their bust project? Love to see some updates! Gary? Leigh? ....

-jim cox
  19. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jim, Work on my bust continues and it's one of those rare things that I'm happy with it thus far. On the downside, since my camera crapped out on me I'm unable to post anything. I kinda feel like a racecar driver with four flat tires :( . Honestly, when shopping for a camera look at as many reviews as possible about the product you are looking to buy. I thought my Nikon was going to be around longer than eight months. My biggest mistake was buying a camera based almost entirely on the name alone. Be weary of the Nikon "Coolpix" range and the "system error" message that shows up on the little screen (lcd?). Merely typing "system error" under search brought up lots of bad news concerning this line. Who knows when I'll be able to replace it, until then enjoy the Little Hand project as I'm out as far as being able to post any images.~Gary
  20. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jim, Work on my bust continues and it's one of those rare things that I'm happy with it thus far. On the downside, since my camera crapped out on me I'm unable to post anything. I kinda feel like a racecar driver with four flat tires :( . Honestly, when shopping for a camera look at as many reviews as possible about the product you are looking to buy. I thought my Nikon was going to be around longer than eight months. My biggest mistake was buying a camera based almost entirely on the name alone. Be weary of the Nikon "Coolpix" range and the "system error" message that shows up on the little screen (lcd?). Merely typing "system error" under search brought up lots of bad news concerning this line. Who knows when I'll be able to replace it, until then enjoy the Little Hand project as I'm out as far as being able to post any images.~Gary