1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Sculpting Contest

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by quang, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    He looks "SUPER" Gary, glad you borrowed the camera! (y)
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    He looks "SUPER" Gary, glad you borrowed the camera! (y)
  3. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Looks great Gary. The pics aren't bad, a little grainy. Glad to see your progress.
  4. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Looks great Gary. The pics aren't bad, a little grainy. Glad to see your progress.
  5. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looks up to your usual standard...SUPERB!!! Awesome work my friend.
  6. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looks up to your usual standard...SUPERB!!! Awesome work my friend.
  7. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Guys, Thanks the camera is not great, but better than no camera. There is a lot of detail missing, like the wrinkles in the neck and the finer ones on the face. I'll take more pics tomorrow. it's funny how different a photo sometimes looks from the original sculpture.

I think I'll take some of the slope out of the forehead.~Gary
  8. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Guys, Thanks the camera is not great, but better than no camera. There is a lot of detail missing, like the wrinkles in the neck and the finer ones on the face. I'll take more pics tomorrow. it's funny how different a photo sometimes looks from the original sculpture.

I think I'll take some of the slope out of the forehead.~Gary
  9. John Long Active Member

United-States
    I would like to get a better look at the face. I can see the wrinkles in the face in the side shot. I like the downturned mouth. It looks very ethnic. IMO though he seems a little narrow in the shoulders. How many heads broad is he?
  10. John Long Active Member

United-States
    I would like to get a better look at the face. I can see the wrinkles in the face in the side shot. I like the downturned mouth. It looks very ethnic. IMO though he seems a little narrow in the shoulders. How many heads broad is he?
  11. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Gary!

Your bust is looking awesome, like all of your work. A question though, I thought you sulpted it in Sculpey III? Looks like Magic Sculpt! Did you restart it or is t the pictures? Anyways, awesome progress :)
  12. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Gary!

Your bust is looking awesome, like all of your work. A question though, I thought you sulpted it in Sculpey III? Looks like Magic Sculpt! Did you restart it or is t the pictures? Anyways, awesome progress :)
  13. quang Active Member

Belgium
    PHOTOSHOP STRIKES AGAIN!

Comments follow later on.

Q.
  14. quang Active Member

Belgium
    PHOTOSHOP STRIKES AGAIN!

Comments follow later on.

Q.
  15. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Anders, thanks, it needs some work though. As for the color of the sculpey, it's just the way the photos turned out, I tried different setups with and without light to get the best pictures given this cameras limited macro capabilities. I'm curious to see Quang's further comments as his photoshop "observations" addressed some of the things I was unsure of and others I did not consider. No matter how long you sculpt, every piece is a learning experience, but still remains enjoyable.~Gary
  16. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Anders, thanks, it needs some work though. As for the color of the sculpey, it's just the way the photos turned out, I tried different setups with and without light to get the best pictures given this cameras limited macro capabilities. I'm curious to see Quang's further comments as his photoshop "observations" addressed some of the things I was unsure of and others I did not consider. No matter how long you sculpt, every piece is a learning experience, but still remains enjoyable.~Gary
  17. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Great work Gary, it's looking very nice, I would agree with you about the forehead, it looks to have a little too much slope.
  18. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Great work Gary, it's looking very nice, I would agree with you about the forehead, it looks to have a little too much slope.
  19. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    :eek: Looking good Gary! Thanks for the effort to get us those pics!

-jim cox
  20. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    :eek: Looking good Gary! Thanks for the effort to get us those pics!

-jim cox