1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Sculpting a pappet master Assassian

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Revliss, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    She is evolving nicely.
    Really coming together now.

Zoli, that was a top idea for the resin...another one I am stealing from you!

Thanks to both for sharing

Cheers
  2. Revliss Active Member

United-States
    emmm sorry for no show for so long
    [IMG]
    skirt have been redone and the arms are in progress
    [IMG]

did the small mistake of using sculpey with it ..
  3. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is really nice progress with this figure, i like the movement of this one and the slenderness of her physique, very nice.

Steve
  4. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Revliss, a pleasure re-reading this thread , great sculpting and a great SBS.
    Will you be painting the figure when completed.

Cheers Ken
  5. Revliss Active Member

United-States
    [IMG]
    look what am i doing :D
  6. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    OOOh, that is going to be real interesting to follow!

Would love to see a figure go from the first sculpt right up to one out of the mould!

Cheers

Jamie
  7. cblakey1 Member

United-States
    Very nicely done. The skirt look pretty good from here.
  8. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Wow! As they say at HZ, Respekt! And in this scale, too!

As a complete freshman to sculpting, I'm following this now with great interest.

And Janus, thank you for your pointers and additions, I've found them very helpful, too. I'll flatter myself that we were thinking alike about the hair, and for the same reason-anime kits! :D

Revliss, may I ask-back in your post on 24. June, you mentioned that you made the mistake of using Sculpey. What did you mean by that? I've just started working with Sculpey, having moved from Milliput. I'm using Super Sculpey, actually, and I'm curious to hear of things to look out for.

Again, great project, and bravo for our favorite scale (well, approximately ;) )
  9. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Brad, thanks for the feed back.

Thats the idea on here, do something, run it past a whole different set of eyes and minds, get some feedback.

As for sculpey comment by Revliss, I am guessing, it may be becuase some of the figure is in one type of clay (air dry) and sculpey has to be baked. Maybe, although I may be off in a big way here...it's happened before.

Yeah, breaking a part into hair plus head is a bit uncommon, still a handy little thing picked up from anime ladies...er...anime media....:D

Hope to see some of your work soon Brad!

Cheers
  10. Revliss Active Member

United-States
    ok the sculpey issue here well i have milliput and procreate sculpting putty in the mix, now the only way to harden sculpey is to oven it .... so i put the sculpt in it and it from some air bobles under then layer of procreate putty ... that my mistake :p so leson learn sculpey and milliput and be oven ( i think ) but procreate putty can not so DON"T do it !

a little photo ( ya right that not small at all )
    [IMG]

more mold
    [IMG]

about the hair as a one part i going to work it into my next project
    [IMG]
    see the design :p that hair style will benefit form breaking it in to parts. this one will be 1/16 scale so about 120 mm or more .. armor and halo make her big :p
  11. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Ah, OK, verstanden, you mixed the putties. I haven't gotten that far yet, I use one or the other. But I am experimenting with different putties; I want to try Aves, too, I've seen some guys' work using it, and everyone has said it's relatively easy to work with.

I see you're using the Lego technique, too, for building your mold box. Isn't that such a great way! So simple, and so much less fuss than the way we had to do it in the old days.

Progess looks good!

Prost!
    Brad