1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

sculpt no. 6

Discussion in 'Brutal Honesty - Critique Center' started by robert110, May 26, 2015.

1. robert110 Well-Known Member

Croatia
    zipper reworked , this time with cooper wire.... any advices , suggestions ?

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    maxag likes this.
  2. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
  3. robert110 Well-Known Member

Croatia
    Few things to correct and this one is done... thanks for comments !

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    garyhiggins and Old Pete like this.
  4. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
  5. Dekiman Well-Known Member

Odlicno.
    Kao sto sam pomenuo kada sam prvi put video tvoj rad probaj da je komercijalizujes.
    Pozdrav
  6. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    This has come out very well. The improvements you have made to it during the sculpting process have resulted in a fine bust.
  7. robert110 Well-Known Member

Croatia
    Thanks guys for comments ! This weekend I will try to arrange test casting if not then I will paint this one.... any solution will make me happy !
    cheers
    Robert
    Scotty likes this.
  8. Veleran Member

Greece
    The sculpt is nice,yet you can add some more thickness to the neck on the side view,
    make the face hair more bumpy and wavy and then try not to flatten them again when you carve the individual hair details.

The mustache can look more like the actor's if you cut the lower end of it that is sticking out parallel to the nose.
    I do not say shorten it vertically.That way it not shadow the upper lip so much and will look more curvy,like a ( .
    On the actor you can see the upper lip, just by coloring it reddish will not do-it sticks out too much.
    So,as i said if you make the lower mustache end to touch the lip,you can add some smooth hair strands on the lip just to show the painter the lip color will show.

His mouth expression is a combination of two lines that should both show up,the lips curve that is more straight and the upside down V shape of the mustache.

The thick part of the eyebrow should not be that big,what you did is nice but it made him look much older and different.
    If you like the sculpt as it was and not want to risk making it worse it is ok as it is it just has some differences from the actor.
    His lower nose end is not so wide (facing).

The curve between nostril and cheek should be faint,as it is now it also gives the old look.
    I can add more but i think that is enough.

When you work the sculptures you must turn it and look at it from the side more often,i think that will do the difference.
    And,i hope you did not pluck out those nice glassy eyeballs that were in the first pics.
  9. robert110 Well-Known Member

Croatia
    Thanks for tips Veleran ! I hope next time You will make comments while my work is still in progress ... This one is ended , I'm pretty satisfied how it comes. Of course , it's not perfect.. but I hope number 30 or 40 will be better. I'm still learning how to do some things and if You have any pointers which will help please send me mail.. It's pretty hard to to something when there is no teacher who can correct mistakes ... just watching videos and reading articles sometimes is not enough.
    Thanks again.
    Cheers
    Robert
  10. Veleran Member

Greece
    It it okay if the bust did not came out exactly like an actor,as long as it is not too weird and unnatural.
    You have to turn the sculpt from many angles to see what you did,when you work the front for example,every now and then turn it 90 degrees to check what you did to the side,or another angle.
    Memory is important,because you can notice something you want to do but might later forget it and do some other part.
    You have to be fresh fresh enough to have your memory working a small list of things to check.

You can also compare faces taking a shot of your work from the same angles as the reference photo you used and compare the two faces by placing one pic over the other in a layer in a photo editor and lower the transparency of the layer to check the measurements.
    If your camera distorts the perspective and the nose appears too big etc then take the shot from as far as you can get enough detail.
    I did not have to do that test to check your bust,and most possibly you will not need it either.

I assume you prefer quick and many sculpts than less with more time spent on them,and i hope you have turn able light at close and magnifier.