1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Sculping a 75mm RAF Pilot

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Edson, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Edson Member

Mexico
    Hi guys, i wanna show you my first tryout with the sculping :lol: its a +o- 75mm RAF pilot runnig to his plane and screaming the luftwaffe coming!!! (or something like that =P ), so here is my work.

I have the doubt about the arms, maybe to can sculping on the sides of the figure i will have to separate the arms from the body, What you think, please be honest i know its a little ugly.. :lol:

Cheers
    Ed

Differents views from the body:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Edson Member

Mexico
    And the Face:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. jitch0t Member

Spain
    Hola Ed!

Lógicamente apenas puedo criticar el cuerpo pues está en una fase muy inicial :lol: El rostro pinta muy bien porque está prácticamente terminado no?

Yo estoy esperando a que me llegue la masilla y empezar a modelar, que miedo :(

;)
  4. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Ed,

You're going to need to carve the mannequin down quite a bit to get it to the point that you can add clothing. It's going to be a good action pose, but you need to consult an anatomy book and make sure your proportions are right. For the head, again consult an anatomy book, but it looks like the eyes are too too high on the face. Keep hammerin' away and you'll get there.
  5. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Ed,

I agree with everything John said.
    I think it's best to build the muscle structure on the armature bit by bit rather than adding large amounts of putty which you then need to remove to get down to the correct size. Don't try to do it all in one sitting.
    By the look of it the waist is a bit low so the legs are too short.
    Anyway, keep at it.
  6. Edson Member

Mexico
    Thanks for the tips john, and LCoote i will check the references and resculpt :)

No te preocupes Dani, que veras en cuanto tengas la masilla te vas a emocionar esculpiendo dia y noche, jejeje , =D

Cheers
    Ed =P
  7. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Ed,

I agree with the guys. It is going to be a nice action pose but you need to check on the measurements. I have a chart that I could mail to you on 1/35, 54mm and 120's. I am sorry I can't help on the other scales. Here is what the chart is like. Let me know if you would like a copy. Drop me an e-mail with your address.

Joe

One other thing don't give up everyone has to start somewhere. (y)

Attached Files:

8. Edson Member

Mexico
    Now i reduced the size of the body, now i can start to add the cloth or need more "touchs" what you think guys?
    All comments are welcome :lol:

....[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  9. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Ed!

The legs are looking a lot better. The torso still needs to be carved down, unless your modeling your pilot after Arnold ;) Keep carving away buddy, you'll get there soon!
  10. Pete_H New Member

Edson,
    United Empire Miniatures had some 75mm mannequins on sale at the Atlanta Show last February. I'm sure John Lea still has some. Get one and your proportion problems are solved. As for your mannequin ... perdoname amigo, pero todavia se ve demasiado grande. La distancia entre los hombros y la cintura esta muy largo. Ademas, el pecho esta demasiado amplio. Acuerdate que vas a aplicar masilla sobre la figura para esculpir el uniforme. Por lo tanto, quieres una figura que esta mas delgado que un cuerpo normal.
  11. Edson Member

Mexico
    Thanks for the comments Pete i`ll take on mind, maybe i have to restart the proyect but well that happen ;)

Cheers
    Ed :)
  12. Edson Member

Mexico
    Hi guys, I has been working just a little on this proyect so, I decided remove the arms and part of the shoulders like you goin to see in the next pic, now I got the posibility t get a better structure of motion , and better in the proportions (or that´s what I guess :lol: )

So let me know what you think, maybe tomorrow Im gonna post som pics of the new torso.

cheers
    Ed :lol:

[IMG]
  13. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Edson,my friend,I think that it looks much better now (not too muscular).Well done ! Keep up the good work and post some pictures soon.Cheers !
    Kenneth :)
  14. Edson Member

Mexico
    Thanks buddy!! :lol: all about the sculping is a little difficult for me , but Im doing my best effort!!! lol :lol:

Cheers
    Ed :)
  15. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hey Edson :lol: ! Your efforts look good so far ! Keep at it and you'll find the breakthrough that you are looking for one day soon.Cheers.
    Kenneth ;)
  16. Edson Member

Mexico
    here you go more pics gang, thanks for that great support Kenneth!! much appreciate :lol:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Cheers
    Ed ;)
  17. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    GOOD JOB,Edson (y) ! It looks much better now.Keep at it and don't give up,you're getting the hang of it ! Cheers.
    Kenneth :lol: