1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Scotland independence

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Ron Tamburrini, Feb 20, 2014.

1. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    I was having a laugh too Ron.Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit,but I love it.
  2. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

That there is such a controversial debate about Scotland seceding. Was unaware of this.
  3. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    we are all uk citizens, the welsh are proud of being welsh/the scots are proud of being scots/ the English are proud of being English/ the northern irish are proud of being northern irish/ but we are all under the umberella of being british.at this very moment there are british troops fighting in the world representing and maintaining the freedom of choice that we all have by being british, it would be an insult to all of them by turning our back on them by breaking up the united kingdom./badger
  4. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Well said .
    Brian
    housecarl likes this.
  5. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Is that no jest a minute.
  6. Helm A Fixture

England
    Jest down the road I think
    Steve
  7. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Isn't Dover South in the Channel?

Mike
    Helm likes this.
  8. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Amen, Badger. Westminster has a lot to answer for on how they have treated the Irish, Scots, Northern English and the Welsh (pretty much the whole country) at different times, but we have too much history together to break the family up.
    MCPWilk likes this.
  9. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    maybe I should become a politician,that would give me plenty of time to do my models, as I wouldn't be doing a lot,but I don't think I am sleekit enough for the job/badger
  10. Helm A Fixture

England
    [IMG]

And they think they can be trusted with Independence? :sneaky:

"They can tak' awa' oor Lives, but we're dispensing with oor own Dignity oorsel's..."

Steve
    Paul Kernan likes this.
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    The fun I've had at work with this little fuschia & lemon number. :troll:

Roger.
    Helm likes this.
  12. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Officially mortified:cry:
  13. Helm A Fixture

England
    :LOL: Officially hilarious
    Rich Sculpts and billyturnip like this.
  14. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    with an outfit like that we might make it into the next world cup, not the one coming up but the next one or the one after./badger
  15. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Wow....just missed the gayest games too.

Colin
  16. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Tried to come up with a devastating retort ....... I got nuthin:inpain:
    Rich Sculpts, Helm and billyturnip like this.
  17. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    You tend to end up with a wet backside!!!
    I thought that this site aspired to stay away from politics! However, since in this case we appear to be making an exception....
    I am of immigrant stock (Danish by way of the west of Ireland ,way back in the mists of time before the battle of Hastings, (according to a rather lovely blonde with a very soft Irish accent)), and as such, I consider myself very English and very British, and I intend to stay that way! I hope the Scots do to. In any case, I cannot believe that a race as canny as the Scots could be so stupid as to put their faith in such an obvious flim flam man as Alex Salmond. A man so bent that he makes spaghetti junction look ruler straight. He is in every way the perfect politician, in fact just as perfect as David Cameron.
    In order to bring to a halt all this faffing about over Scottish Independence, I want to propose two acts of separation, the first,the separation of ALL of us from ALL of the politicians, and the second, the separation of all of the politicians from all of their heads (it would probably improve their ability to think).
    BTW the only truth Cameron spoke was that he is the heir to Blair....
    Here endeth my political discourse, best wishes (to everyone but politicians), Gary.
  18. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Have been following this discussions with interest, and with a certain sadness. I will be deeply upset when Scotland votes 'yes' to independence, and it most certainly will. It is going to happen, that is for sure judging by what I have seen on the news of late. Well, that's democracy for you, and if you truly believe in the democratic rights of nations then that is what you must accept.

I have many friends of Scottish decent who live down here in Kent who are ex army and are against a spit, but presumably will not be able to vote as they no longer live in Scotland. One guy is a retired Scots Guardsman and is concerned that the Scots Guards will be disbanded, along will all the other Scottish regiments, and be replaced with a paramilitary border force. History does not stand still, I know that, and you don't hear of Italians saying 'once upon a time ther was a Roman legion of Hispanic soldiers and it's a shame were not mates with the Spanish anymore, but they wanted to go their own way, and there was no Roman empire anymore...

Their is no reason for Scotland to be part of the United Kingdom any more, and some of my artist friends in Glasgow are decidedly excited about the creation of a new nation. Why would you not be excited? It is not often in someones lifetime that they feel part of a new and exciting movement, I would feel this way also.

Well done Scotland and bon voyage in you new found independence!

On a side note, don't start doing what I'm watching on the news at the moment. I do not understand what is happening in the Crimea at the moment, but unless the stupid, ego driven arseholes stop sabre rattlin' we face armagedon in a matter of weeks. The more we split the more we fight.
    Don likes this.
  19. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    As Churchill said "Democracy is the worst form of government except for all the others".
    pmfs, sd0324 and tomifune like this.
  20. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    when salmon rushdie wrote satanic rites, I thought -that's it, he is going to upset a lot of muslims. but then, he goes on to write his next book- Buddha ye wee fat bastard. I wonder how long it is till alec salmond writes his book-once upon a time./badger
    garyhiggins and brian like this.