1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Scotland independence

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Ron Tamburrini, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Waterman Active Member

The debt is English? I thought we were all in this together. The oil is Scottish? Well it's definatly never been mine, ive not got rich out of it, quite the opposite. Technically a Bank of Scotland pound has never been legal tender in England, so I presume you keep a Scottish pound but whatever value it has I know not. I do know that a lot of my taxes have gone to Scotland over the years, but I was never given a vote on that, but then we were the UK, and so I never had a problem with that. My only beef was Scottish MPs sat in Parliament making decisions about me, that didn't apply equally in Scotland. Already the divisions are opening up, and I blame Cameron, he should never have agreed to the referendum. He is happy to give one on the possible break up of the UK, but we can't have one on the E U. The bloke is a Pratt.
    housecarl likes this.
  2. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    to the working class like myself, talk like Scottish oil/national dept.etc, are suit words,are words that the finance world use, I would like to see words like,investigation into expense claims by members of parliament/ investigation into bankers bonuses, investigation into profits made by energy companies, investigation into members of parliament voting to give themselves a 10,000 pound payrise but voting to give pensioners a rise of 5 pence?. I am sorry to rabbit on, and I think that is why I enjoy modelling, cos when I am modelling it takes my mind off all of this/badger
    housecarl and Waterman like this.
  3. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    this is my model/there is no other like it/this is my airbrush,the models a gun/one is for fighting,the others for fun./per mare.badger
  4. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    does anyone remember the power cuts issue of military modelling, and the lights out at ten o/clock,thats why my daughter melanie was conceived.so times were bad but not too bad,ha ha./badger
    housecarl likes this.
  5. Waterman Active Member

I had a power cut issue of MM, I was lorry driving at the time,and if two lorries went out and there was no return load, then one lorry was put on the back of the other and piggy backed home. Yes it was a bit sh.,. At the time, but the Torys milked it for all it was worth. I didn't increase the family though, that happened during the National water strike.
    housecarl likes this.
  6. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    What Waterman is saying is very true about the Scottish MPs voting on English matters (theWest Lothian question) and I've always been aware that us Scots get more of a handout per capita than the English do from the treasury.I've noticed that everybody has an opinion and quite rightly so,but stop and think about what we might be giving future generations e.g. your grandkids.The U.K. has served me well for 67 years and I see no reason to gamble with other peoples futures and become independent for no reason.I'm also sick of hearing about Scotlands oil,If even that was true is the oil going to last 300 years just like the Union has? I think not
    I hear Cameron ,Tories,Salmond etc,etc, being bandied about,but what impact have any of these people got on the future to come.They are irrelevant and anyone with a ounce of grey matter would be taking a hell of a risk of the great unknown ,which is independence.
    I'm surprised that people in our particular hobby don't seem to know too much of Britain's history,or so it seems.Check out what the Scots have done as part of the U.K. and I'm personally proud of our achievements for such a small nation.
    From a very proud Jock and a very proud member of the U.K. with a bit of common sense.Something that seems to me to be lacking nowadays
    Brian
    Barke02, housecarl, MCPWilk and 6 others like this.
  7. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Badly ill informed Ron.I think you should look a wee bit more into it all and form your own opinion rather than listen to the propaganda that's being bandied about.
    Brian
    housecarl likes this.
  8. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    it has never been a good idea to change horses midstream/badger
  9. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

This thread is fascinating to me. I had no idea. Imagine that.:)
    pmfs and hall-moye@msn.com like this.
  10. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    no idea about what?/badger
  11. Don Well-Known Member

Waterman For many many years the consevative member for Dover (South) attended every Scottish meeting in the House and pontificated on Scottish subjects on which he had neither intrest or reason to attend. Sadly passed now but he was always good for a laugh, although doing his democratic duty as an MP, just as Scottish MPs are entitled to sit and speak on any debate and subject! Its a Democracy dont you know. (last piece submitted toung in cheek.

Don
  12. Don Well-Known Member

Some rubbish being spouted on here! Before I start I have never run down any posts by a person just because he is English. Been working with English Welsh and Irishmen in all positions and ranks as part of my job, some great guys and some ar****les just like here in Scotland.
    About the oil as thats what I know quite a lot about. I worked for American British Norwegian and French companies and if you showed just a little racism you would be shown the door, NRBd for good. People knew the difference between good or bad. Quite hard to run a 100 million dollar rig if you didnt know what people were about.
    The Oil is british as its in British Waters but what worries me is that this Government is running it down for a short term fix! Last year only 15 exploration wells were drilled 44 a few years ago. I was on a Jack Up which drilles 4 wells one year down in the Southern Sector. Conoco not being stupid got 3 big rigs when everyone else was idle and had 12 wells drilled in a year.
    Oil exploration is falling and companies are moving away from the UK as this government keep putting up tax costs. As exploration and production costs are rather high here the oil companies just move somewhere else. More trash from Cameronabout costs for Scotland being to much for Scotland to carry, what about tiny companies around the world whith big or small oil fields, who built them? Let me assure you if you have a large oilfield money is no object whatever the country. Stange thing is that Alex Salmond worked for an oil company while Cameron was still at school. Not the best person to lie to.
    Have worked on Rigs/Platforms when the price has ranged from $120 to $13.(funny story there) and thats the dollar that counts.
    Now remember boys and girls its YOUR money that Cameron is telling Porkies about..........If only he could tell the truth!

Don the Internationalist!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    housecarl likes this.
  13. Helm A Fixture

England
    I thought Salmond was a Wbanker ? Can't see how that equates with oil rig working,but will be the first to admit I know jack about him apart from the fact he comes across as a tool
    Steve
  14. Don Well-Known Member

Steve, he worked for an oil company financial dept. Anyway its the Industry I am interested in not the politicians, whom I have very little love for. In saying that I think Wee Nichola might be..................
    Don
  15. Waterman Active Member

Well Don you can always trust a Tory MP to poke his nose in where it's not wanted. And being MP for Dover South? Now that's something that wouldn't earn many Brownie Points outside of Dover. As you say there is a lot of rubbish being spouted , not only on here,but by politicians. Nobody is giving anyone a clear picture, so that people fully understand exactly what is at stake. Like you I have lived amongst all sorts and had to get on with them. The mess deck of a RN ship is a very small space. I do not believe that the break up of the UK is in any of our interests, and definatly not to satisfy Salmonds ego. Now when it comes to this oil,I don't know much about it, but what I do know is Oil Company's have never shown much benevolence to me in my limited experience. I now refer to BP and the time as a young Royal Marine I spent in Aden guarding their Refinery, but we were not considered worthy of sharing any of their facilities,of which they had many,and we had none. Again time spent up the Gulf, guarding the tankers through the Straits of Hormuz, didn't gain me any concessions at the petrol pumps when I came home. So the fact that the company's are moving elsewhere because of the tax,well my heart bleeds. Everything now is about Mega Profits,cheap labour costs, and stack the money off shore out of reach of the British Taxman. I hope Scotland stays United, together with Wales,and Ulster. I would never have agreed to the breakup of Ireland, my grandfather was stationed in Dublin at the time of the Easter Uprising , my grandmother was in married quarters on the Curragh and often spoke of her time there. My whole point is, if Scotland breaks away, next will be Wales, followed by Cornwall,they've always wanted independence, then possibly Ulster,and we will all end up a lot poorer and as weak little insignificant fishes in the worlds oceans. Our strength comes from being as one. Why do you think that Russian warship anchored off The Moray Firth the other month,was it testing our response time, was it to do with the referendum, did Cameron have his filthy mitt in it? Call me what you like , Cynical and suspicious yes yes yes.
    martin tabony and housecarl like this.
  16. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Brian it was spoken in Jest:D You know me better:whistle::rolleyes:
  17. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    I thought you were in Belfast :p where's Jest?
  18. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    its never a good idea to change horses midstream/badger
    garyhiggins likes this.
  19. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That is Belfast:D
  20. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    You're joking :woot: