1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Scotland independence

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Ron Tamburrini, Feb 20, 2014.

1. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    i am proud of being Scottish but I am also proud of being british, I don't think the problem lies in what part of the country we live in, the problem lies in no confidence in the people running the country, the suits I call them. all we hear about are politicians and bankers being corrupt ,giving themselves massive bonuses and pay rises and cutting public services to the bone. I like the idea of Scottish independence but I am not convinced that the people who would run it would be any different than the people down south. with the current world recession I think it would be a bad idea to change horses midstream? I have more confidence in the Stanley knife and half brick./badger
    Tarracus, Paul Kernan and housecarl like this.
  2. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    By all means Carl ...... can I recommend Coatbridge (y)
    buckie.jpg
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Ah that wonderful libation.:whistle:
  4. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Your just a wee bit fond o that stuff Carl :ROFLMAO: you can join oor army anytime
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
  6. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    At last, someone with common sense !!!
  7. Helm A Fixture

England
    Probably been better if the question had been phrased thus
    [IMG]
    :sneaky:
  8. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Following on from Badger.
    I once read, voting is like stirring a bucket of s**t,
    occasionally a new turd appears, but it's still a bucket of s**t.[IMG] ;)
    Mark S, DEL and Paul Kernan like this.
  9. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    vote for the Stanley knife and the half brick/badger ,or instead of creating models lets all us modellers get together and build a better society and a country to be proud of/badger
  10. JonP PlanetFigure Supporter

England

If Scotland becomes an oil rich independent state, as Mr Salmond would have us believe, then it may draw some unwelcome attention from the other side of the Atlantic!! ;)
    Gaudin and DEL like this.
  11. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Can't think of any country becoming stronger by splitting. Too much history between the four countries but London has to get their heads out of their ar@#@. My relatives seem to be voting No or not at all...they don't trust the clowns in London nor Edinburgh.
    housecarl and DEL like this.
  12. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    the people from the other side of the atlantic already have an interest in us, thanks to tony blair ,we became the newest state in the union/badger
  13. Helm A Fixture

England
    We English saw the oil first bugger off
    [IMG]
  14. Pilgrim_uk Active Member

One thing is plainly clear both sides are making lots of whatiffery hand waving statements that are destined to make the voter more confused.
  15. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    yes your correct, but that's deliberate, as you know you never get a straight answer from a politician, they can talk for hours but never answer the question./badger
  16. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Ron I thought the Jocks where always up for a good scrape and didn't a certain Scottish MP called John Reid send in the Marines into Helmand Province with the immortal words "he hoped they would come out without a shot being fired "My son done four bloody tours out there after those immortal words . It's your country and personally I don't give a ^*** which way you go but I would be very careful who you follow . I recently watched a program about Donald Trumps building of his golf course in Scotland and the way the locals were treated as scum to be washed away or locked up for protecting their homes , all with the backing of Alex Salmon and his SDP crones , You could very soon end up with King Donald and using Trump Dollar's only redeemable at TRUMP STORES .
    Down here in the West Country we are also looking independence form the rest of UK . The first thing we want is a Hadrian type wall from Bristol to Lyme Regis and then the Dutch pumps to pump out the Somerset Levels over the wall .
    I've recently brought back the Somerset Freedom Fighters out of retirement , we meet once a month at the King Alfred Arms, but after 6 pints of scrumpy and a truckle of Mature Cheddar we don't seem to get very far , just get climb on the bus and go home with some funny looks from the other passengers .
    Ron I don't think you will ever stop people in power putting the lives of others before their own rise to more and more power no mater what country colour or creed .

[IMG]

chippy
    pmfs, housecarl, Don and 1 other person like this.
  17. Don Well-Known Member

Chippy Trump has thrown his rattle out of the pram and has gone home stating that his Granny was actually Irish. He will sadly for Ireland, go and bother them.
    This was because the SNP and the Scottish Government voted they were not to worried about his second golf course and hotel but were very interested in a large array of wind turbines right in front of his golf course. I however feel its sad as Trump had enough Hot Air to power the world for many years.
    I have carefully watched the awful flooding of the Levels and appauled that the clown from the Environmental Agency could build you a bird sanctuary for many many millions of pounds but not give 4.5 Million pounds to protect the Somerset Levels. Funny you got 600 marines for a very short time but when the flooding arrived up the Thames the prople there after acosting their MP got 3000 troops and more if needed.
    If you dont get your own Independence, and I've worked with Cornishmen who have got first claim, move need London where the money will keep you safe!

John Smith was a member of the Labour Party (remember them) and actually said the troops would be back
    "Without a shot being fired" How many million have the lads fired now????? His words remind me of General Custer.
    Hope your lads OK now, Got a friend out there just now while cameron fannies about, about bringing them home.

Don
    housecarl likes this.
  18. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Ron my lovely wife is listening to a Runrig Concert on her MP3 player and say's so long as you don't block the airwaves she doesn't give ( not very lady like ) toss .
    Ron I'm sure It was John Reid not Smith . it was the death of John Smith the leader of the labour party that let that piece of slim Blair into power , if only it could have been the other way around .
    chippy
    DEL likes this.
  19. Don Well-Known Member

That was in 1939 when BP made some land discoveries, but in 1851 Parafin Young began extracting shale oil in Scotland so I think you could say he was first.
    Lot of gas exploration in Southern Nort Sea with lots of gas being found, very little commercial oil.
    Scottish fields dicovered and produced Montrose Alpha in 1969 followed by Forties in 1970, the first big oilfield.
    Piper, my first rig was found and producing in 1973 and it was a great place to work. Lost a lot of friends there.

Don
  20. Don Well-Known Member

Sorry Chippy my mistake it was indeed John Reid (the tosser) what an awful mistake to make. If only John Smith had stayed with us Blair would never have surfaced.
    Perhaps some of our illegal wars would not have happened! I know Blair was very keen to do as George told him.
    BTW its Don, Ron is the Scottish Italian person we take with us to exciting places like Euro.
    Tell your Lovely wife she has a good taste in music.

Don