1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Schwimmwagen+evolution Crew - Kharkov

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Carlos69, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Hi Gents,

My new works is in progress :) Tamiyas 1/35th Schwimmwagen with lots of etch and home brew detailing and resin ... and a converted Evolution Miniatures crew.In Kharkov parkas ! A fine excuse to depict another Eastern front veteren :LOL:

I also bulked out the contact points of the figures to vehicle and each other,so the clothing looks as though it is in contact with rather than resting on it with no interaction to the vehicle etc ... I like to portray how figures/clothing interact with vehicles in this way,which makes for a more realistic look.

Still a bit of work to finnish the Schwimmy.The driver will be holding a map over the steering wheel.

DSC02858.JPG
    NickM likes this.
  2. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
  3. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
  4. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
  5. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Thanks for looking,comments and critique welcome (y)

DSC02864.JPG
    Illa and pmfs like this.
  6. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Carlos, Nice start to the Schwimmwagon and crew. Evolution figures seem to get better with each new release. Don't worry about doing another Eastern Front theme, I enjoy viewing your outstanding work very much, as do many others, here at the Planet. Looking forward to seeing more of your W.I.P. with this one. Regards, SG(y)
  7. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    nice work as always Carl !!!! Ive tried painting something other than cold German n ended up starting 12omm mg team in summer oak leaf ....... Ive seen your last two offering on pf n they are quality , sorry Ive not commented things have been mad with work n a new baby but keep up the good work . Ill come say hi at Euro if I manage to up there this year
    Sam
  8. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looks like the start of another stunner mate and looking forward to following..........will it be done for euro :playful:;)(y)

Cheers Ken
  9. Alex Long A Fixture

England
    Will be following this one Carl, nice work so far. I have a Schwimm on the shelf that I started pimping with etch from the Verlinden upgrade set with the intention of doing an Ardennes Kampfgruppe Peiper scene. It's been sat there way too long though, and I did think of changing my plans when I saw Evolution had released those figures. Look forward to seeing this progress.

Alex.
  10. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice mate.. Very NICE. Nothing wrong with Eastern front scenes, you have my vote there.

Steve
  11. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    SG many thanks ! the Evo range of figures just gets better and better ! :woot: I have also started on the helmet of the new 200mm Jeff Shiu figure :)

Sam good to hear from you buddy ! congrats on the new addition to the familly ! (y) thanks for looking in and hopefully see you at Euro ..

Kenneth cheers buddy ! Euro ?! :ROFLMAO: :arghh: No .... hopefully the next one though :) your flat is up next on the bench :whistle:

Alex thanks bro,I have a few of these in the stash and loadsa bits for them built up over the years ... you should resurect your sleeper buddy ! id like to see that (y)

Steveo thanks for the vote bud :)

Carlos
  12. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Carlos, Sorry, forgot to ask you in last post. Are you planning to use other Evolution figures in your scene? I only ask because your driver figure, reminded me of EM-35043, the two figure set with an officer also, holding a map, and the other giving directions. Both wear the Kharkov Parka. Also, the new EM-35062, SS Grenadiers LAH set 5, three man MG team, wearing parka's, is an awesome looking trio. Best of luck with your Schwimm. Regards, SG:)