1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Schwimmwagen and Evo crew+Bodi Vignette

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Carlos69, May 5, 2012.

1. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Hi guys,my latest works.The Tamiya Schwimmwagen with Aber etch,resin a/market wheels/tyres,lots of home brew bits and Evolutions Schwimmy crew by Sergey which are awesome !! Sergey if you read this please more Vehicle specific crew :) Also an old Figure by Bodi with an Alpine head and detailing to finnish.

The crew received some tweeks so as they interact with each other ie clothing on clothing and also where parts touch the body of the Schwimmy such as arms and the figures hoods on the grab bar in the back etc... spent alot of time doing that with Magicsculpt and Greenstuff.

The detailing is underway and still lots to add yet on the Schwimmwagen.

This will be a tight vignette with just the three figures... and you guessed it set in the Eastern front theatre :sleep: Kharkov ! no panzerfausts (y)

uituyt8.jpg
    NickM, Dan Morton and tiger111 like this.
  2. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
  3. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
  4. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
  5. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Schwimmer figures 005.jpg
    The driver will be looking down at a map so slightly different to box art.

Really looking forward to Evolutions new MG team in Kharkov parkas to be released soon

11 (1).jpg

1b.jpg

11 (2).jpg

May squeeze one of the above in also,not sure yet... ?!!

Thanks for looking c+c welcome (y)

Carl
  6. YongA01 Active Member

Malaysia
    Hi Carlos,

Nice work so far, looking forward the finish piece! Kharkov also one of my favourite era. Keep it up!

Allan
  7. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    nice one Carlos mate ! you dont see many Schwimmwagens used in vignettes and with the figure n changes you have made it gonna look the nuts ......FOLLOWING
    Sam
  8. assassin's Member

Italy
    Hi Carlos...interesting scene (y) .... check the hand of the soldier standing up .... I feel great.o_O
    Expect to see progress ... enjoy!;)
    Cheers :)
  9. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Excellent Carlos!

The posing is spot on, I like the driver reading the map. As you said keep it tight with 3 figures, don't be tempted to add more figures even though the mg team are fantastic.

Looking forward to seeing this painted up.

Cheers,
    Jon.
  10. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Agree with all the comments above!

A great idea and very well thought out, I know it will look superb when done given your abilities but following closely matey!

Dave
  11. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Following...

Pedro
  12. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Carlos I have no doubt this is going to look stunning when complete, you are off to a great start mate.

All the best

Steve
  13. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Carlos a neat set up and looking forward to following through to the finish. (y)

Cheers Ken
  14. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    This will be a stunner when it's finished, Carlos. Awesome composition for the vignette. Looking forward to seeing it completed.
    Cheers!