1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Scale horse furniture

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by cinimod, Dec 27, 2019.

1. cinimod Active Member

United-Kingdom
    It seems like an age since I posted on here and also have done no painting for a good couple of years, so I thought it was about time to wet the brushes again.
    Have got the big scale Ademola kit of the horses head and Cuirassier but need a spare set of cast buckles for the second set of reins that I don't think came with the kit, I have the ones that attached to the horses bit.

Does any one know of any manufacturers that produce large scale horse buckles.........Dom
  2. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Dom,
    You could try the Breyer line, they might have something suitable in 1/9 scale if you cannot make a set.
    cheers
    Richie
  3. cinimod Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Richie, didn't think of Breyer. I don't think my eyes are good enough to make some so a ready made set would be better.........dom
  4. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Dom - if there's already some on the kit, try Siligum Silicone Press Putty. Mix it up, press into place, allow to cure, then use the mould to make Miliput copies.....(y)
  5. cinimod Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Ahh.......the voice of lateral thought...............dom
    valiant likes this.
  6. cinimod Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Buckles just about to go in the oven, Tam makes models out of Fimo so used that to make the mold and when cooked used brown for the casting. In the oven for twenty mins, tidy them up and hopefully two new buckles.........dom

IMG_0697.JPG
    hall-moye@msn.com and valiant like this.
  7. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    ...and that's all there is to it...!!(y)
    cinimod likes this.