1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!
  2. Submissions for November Figure of the Month (FOTM) are now open. Visit the FOTM forum to enter a model or see entries and vote! FOTM November

Scale 75 figures

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Normo, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Gang
    I intend to buy a couple of the above for Christmas prezzies for myself and I was wondering on peoples opinions on the quality, fitting and general opinion of the kits
    I havent posted for some time (Aches and pains etc!) and I intend to restart my painting with these figures
    Any comments would be very welcome
    Cheers
    John
  2. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi John-surprised at the lack of response to your post. I've never heard any serious negatives about their kits and they have an interesting range.

Keith
  3. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Keith
    Thanks for replying, I must admit I havent heard any complaints re this producer and their range is very good
    It would have been nice to hear from someone who has painted and built one of their figures
    I suppose "no news, is good news"
    Thanks again
    Cheers John
  4. Ferris A Fixture

Hi,

I just bought my first Scale75 figure. Cast looks nice and dry fitting suggests it will be easy to assemble. Haven't heard anything bad about them either, so no reason not to recommend them.

Cheers,
    Adrian
  5. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hello John,

I've painted their "Lt. Winters" (101st Airborne) figure which went together beautifully and was a thoroughly enjoyable paint. On the other hand their "Banzai Burma 1942" sword-wielding Japanese officer was horrible: Poor fit and poor casting (for example belts that just suddenly ended halfway across his chest) and I gave it up as a bad job, chalking it down to experience as I watched it drop into the bin because I didn't want to waste any more time on it. I also have the "Nobanuga's Warrior" (samurai) about 80% built up and that went together OK. Decent casting as well, but I anticipate it not being the easiest figure to paint. The other 3 of theirs that I have in the stash all basically slotted together OK when I did dry fits of the main parts (the caveat there being that "the devil is always in the detail"). Hope that's of some help!

Which figures do you have in mind by the way?

- Steve
  6. Bailey A Fixture

United-States
    I've got several of the figures and don't have any complaints. I painted this one a little over a year ago. It's one of their fantasy pieces (obviously)
    [IMG]

And I started this steampunk figure, but haven't gone back to finish her yet.
    [IMG]

I've got a couple other unassembled kits too. Overall, no major clean up or assembly issues. Some of the female figures have pretty thin arms, so securely attaching them takes some care and effort. They're metal, so depending on what they are holding you can have a decent amount of weight on some small joints. I've seen quite a few of their figures painted by top artists again and again, so if there were major problems I wouldn't expect that to be the case.

I vaguely recall someone telling me they got one of the smog riders kits that came with a painting tutorial, but the tutorial was essentially worthless. At least I think that's what they said... I may be misremembering, so take it with a grain of salt. Also, be aware they've got some gaming figures as well. Some of their fantasy pieces come in metal as part of their display line but they also have copies of these same figures in plastic for 'Duel Fighters'. The quality of the metal ones are much better than the plastic versions. Duel Fighters is sold through its own site and not through the Scale75 site. But if you're buying one of their fantasy kits on ebay or from a third party, double check to see if they are the metal versions or plastic.
    Monsoon and Babelfish like this.
  7. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi John
    I have completed 3 of their figures and never had any problems at all,highly recommended
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Monsoon, Babelfish and Chrisr like this.
  8. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Oh go on then. Seeing as we're all flashing our Scale 75s .... :LOL:

US 101st Scale 75 2x.jpg SDC10778 XX2.jpg

- Steve
    Monsoon likes this.