1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Saxon Warrior - Latorre Models

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Le Lancier, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Le Lancier Member

Canada
    My latest work...Although the result is acceptable, the kit I worked on was of miserable quality. Quite a surprise considering the reputation of of its maker.
    Mould lines were so severe I pretty well had to resculpt sleeves etc. You know the type of mould lines that come from the uneven ajustement of the mould halves. The heals are extremely delicate. When I unwrapped the kit, the left foot needed realignement. Although I proceeded with care, the foot broke off. Same happened to the right one. Although I pegged it , the foot broke off above the brass peg after extensive manipulation. Quite unfortunate indeed. Anyway, other than that, the subject itself is fun to paint, and as I said, the result is acceptable.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Glen Active Member

United-States
    Re: LaTorre Saxon Warrior

Excellent work Francis! It's great to see some color on these Saxon kits.

I had the same mold shift problem with mine; I spent more time cleaning that one side, than I did everything else combined. Had the same issue with my LaTorre Viking (the one with his back against the wall) as well.

Again, nice piece.

Glen
  3. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    love your paint job. I have that kit, I need to check mine to see what condition it is in.
  4. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    I'm with Glen, the blue tunic and the red shield are a nice dash of color on this guy.

Jay H.
    OKC
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Stunning work.
    I heard more complaints about this figure.

marc
  6. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    Why didn't you send it back? I'm sure they would have given you a new one.
    strange to hear from your problems. this was a very popular figure in the club.
  7. Le Lancier Member

Canada
    Thx

Thank you gentlement for your comments. I see my issues on this figure are not isolated ones. As Vergilius pointed out, I could have sent it back. I ordered this figure to compete in a challenge involving this figure, so sending it back was impossible due to time constraints. Some of the other modellers who have completed this figure have not encountered the issues I mentionned. Let's hope that this is not a trend for Latorre, it would be unfortunate.