1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

saxon captive

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by brian, Jul 28, 2009.

1. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Just finished this figure .Please excuse the pictures as i can spend too much time on photographing figures without getting that professional look so i've given up and just enjoy painting and stuff the photography.I've been told by many top painters that my figures look better in the flesh.It would be a bummer if it was the other way round!
    Brian

Attached Files:

2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Lovely job, Brian. What did you use for the snow?
  3. Don Well-Known Member

Lovely paint job Brian, what a difference since I first saw him. Really like his tunic, you have captured it well. How did you do the chain mail?
    Trust me your painting is better than your photography.
    Don
  4. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Hi Carl The snow was Hudson&Allens.I use white glue mixed with water, then apply the snow.I usually apply 2 or 3 coats after each layer is dry.
    Don The chain mail was painted with silver printers ink and liquin.When totally dry i apply a wash of ivory black &burnt umber and liquin.
    Brian
  5. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Beautiful figure Brian and really nice one re pics........I fully concur with Don :p

Ray ;)
  6. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Lovely rendering of an unusual subject Brian-another one for Euro, looks like being a feast this year.

Keith
  7. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Brian,
    Very nice looking captive.
    Cheers
    John
  8. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Brian, super work here. Understated, simple and fantastically painted. And your photos are just fine!

Jay H.
    OKc
  9. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Brian,

I think it looks awesome in your photos, so it must look spectacular in the flesh.
  10. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Thaks to all you guys who commented on my figure as it's always appreciated.
    I'm always trying out different things when i'm painting ,and this figure was meant to be understated and kept simple.I'm not too keen on figures that are a bit too loud,but that's just my preference.
    Brian
  11. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Very nicely done mate, I aspire, have also taken note of the chainmail painting method as this is a new area for me, simply love the figure.

Thanks for posting, RobH.;)
  12. Elaphus Active Member

Germany
    Hello Brian,

fantastic work, i like the colors, beautiful !

Greetings

Karsten
  13. Clarence1 Member

Canada
    Like everyone said, nice painting and nice color.

I really like the mood. And definately, this one must look better in the flesh. :D

Clarence
    Gatineau, Québec
  14. Mark S Guest

Excellent figure,Brian.
    I reckon the pics are good and the painting even better.!!
  15. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Hi Brian just back from my Holidays so missed this little gem.Good to see you have finished another one for Euro.

Cheers David