1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Sas Lrdg Patrolman, 1942

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Fernando Ruiz, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    Hi all!
    First of all, Happy New Year! I'm trying to update the latest painted figures' galleries that I couldn't post earlier with all the work to be done for H&V, Christmas, and all that stuff.
    Here we have a 120 mm bust depicting a British SAS in North Africa during WWII.
    I painted it last year and, as you may know, it is the boxart for New World Miniatures. Don't know exactly who sculpted it but I think the head itself was made by Mike Good:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The scale is even smaller than the 140-150 mm of the H&V busts. You can make your life as difficult as you want with the details. In my versión, I added lots of painted simulated wrinkles to the white scarf to give a stronger sensation of thin clothe.
    Hope you like it.
    Regards
    FeR
    Meehan34, mark761214, jimmyoc and 4 others like this.
  2. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Looks very nice Fernando! I love how you add he tiny wrinkles. Have seen this in other figures you have painted. I also like the look of he scarf. BTW any news on a new figure from your company? Eagerly waiting!

Joe
  3. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    I have the next one on the painting table... It will be released soon!
    Regards
    FeR
  4. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    Nice one Fernando. I saw this in person with Chris's display I believe at the MMSI show this past year. Great stuff.
  5. Helm A Fixture

England
    Very nice work on such a small bust errr so to speak :cautious:

Steve
  6. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    Thanks guys!
    Yes, I know he showed it there. Glad you like it.
    FeR
  7. Edward A Fixture

England
    Great painting Fernando!
  8. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice mate. For a 120mm this is great painting. Nice whites and I love the material effect of the inside of the duffel coat. Superb stuff.
  9. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Fernando,
    Great to hear you are still up and running. This looked great in Chicago. Well done on all the creases.
    Cheers
    John
  10. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Lovely painting Fernando, particularly all the wrinkles and creases in the headcloth
  11. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    Thanks all for the comments!
    FeR