Completed Sas Lrdg Patrolman, 1942

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Fernando Ruiz, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    Hi all!
    First of all, Happy New Year! I'm trying to update the latest painted figures' galleries that I couldn't post earlier with all the work to be done for H&V, Christmas, and all that stuff.
    Here we have a 120 mm bust depicting a British SAS in North Africa during WWII.
    I painted it last year and, as you may know, it is the boxart for New World Miniatures. Don't know exactly who sculpted it but I think the head itself was made by Mike Good:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The scale is even smaller than the 140-150 mm of the H&V busts. You can make your life as difficult as you want with the details. In my versión, I added lots of painted simulated wrinkles to the white scarf to give a stronger sensation of thin clothe.
    Hope you like it.
    Regards
    FeR
    Meehan34, mark761214, jimmyoc and 4 others like this.
  2. Joe Hudson Active Member

United-States
    Looks very nice Fernando! I love how you add he tiny wrinkles. Have seen this in other figures you have painted. I also like the look of he scarf. BTW any news on a new figure from your company? Eagerly waiting!

Joe
  3. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    I have the next one on the painting table... It will be released soon!
    Regards
    FeR
  4. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    Nice one Fernando. I saw this in person with Chris's display I believe at the MMSI show this past year. Great stuff.
  5. Helm A Fixture

England
    Very nice work on such a small bust errr so to speak :cautious:

Steve
  6. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    Thanks guys!
    Yes, I know he showed it there. Glad you like it.
    FeR
  7. Edward A Fixture

England
    Great painting Fernando!
  8. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice mate. For a 120mm this is great painting. Nice whites and I love the material effect of the inside of the duffel coat. Superb stuff.
  9. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Fernando,
    Great to hear you are still up and running. This looked great in Chicago. Well done on all the creases.
    Cheers
    John
  10. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Lovely painting Fernando, particularly all the wrinkles and creases in the headcloth
  11. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    Thanks all for the comments!
    FeR