1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Sapper, Irish Legion

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Patrick Kirk, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Patrick Kirk New Member

Marc,
    Napoleontic era figures are my favorite, and certainly will have more in the future. Their uniforms are SO colorful and the variety the era is what intrigues me the most.

All the best

Patrick
  2. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Very well done, Patrick. Nice detail and work on his kit as well. :)

Keith
  3. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Cool figure
    Turned out brilliant

Dave
  4. Patrick Kirk New Member

Thanks Kieth and Dave...
    I have to be honest...I suprised myself on this guy, too. A couple new techniques really worked out well. Especially the leather; I used a mix of Raw Umber and Burnt Sienna as the base. To that I mixed a touch of liquin to give it the sheen of leather. I highlighted with cadium red, light and then shaded with black and sepia.

Can't wait to start the next Napoleonic figger.

All the best

Patrick
  5. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Thanks for the mix on the leather. I had not thought of Burnt Sienna or Cad red for leather.

For the Napoleonic stuff, don't forget about the French Revolution show on History Channel next week. Monday night, I think... :)

Keith