1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Samurai Victory

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by specmod, Jul 27, 2008.

1. specmod Active Member

Australia
    This is one of my latest pieces of work that l have finally been able to take some pics of, after getting myself a new camera.
    It is an Andrea 54mm set,The Trophy, that was alot of fun to construct and paint, but challenging with all the excelent detail cast into the armor ect.
    Its quite morbid with the beheading, though this was the way of the samurai and this was considered an honerable death.
    l hope you like what you see, hope the images are ok, as still am learning how to use my new camera.
    Cheers
    Andrew

Attached Files:

2. Roc Active Member

United-States
    It appears you have done a good job, but the pictures are not very clear.

Cheers
    Roc
  3. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Andrew it looks pretty good from what I can see. I might be tempted to try some blood on the blade of the victor as he just used it to behead his vanquished!

Jay H.
    OKC
  4. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Figures look well posed on base and groundwork is very nice.Pity your photos are bit on the dark side.

David
  5. specmod Active Member

Australia
    To All

Again sorry about the pics, like l said, just got a new camera, and took these just to see how it was, will post a couple of new clearer shots when l have camera sorted out.
    Thanks for the comments though.
    Andrew
  6. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    not easy to paint, a samurai. Very nicely done
  7. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Andrew,
    sofar,really nice.
    As for blood on the Katana, well,less is more.
    Asfor the camera, try using a lighter grey shade for the background; it may be over correcting, with out usinga fill in flash.Mind you,a fill in flash floods all details with light.....

Very good from what I can see so far.
    Cheers
    Jamie
  8. IIICorps Active Member

United-States
    I agree. Matters would have been resolved very, very quickly. Likely to have been more on the victor than the blade.

:)
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Another great samurai.

marc
  10. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Andrew,

I agree with Jamie - less is more when it comes to blood.

The paint work on the armour is fantastic. The scene has a great deal of power and energy to it. Violent and brutal, but entirely in context.

Cheers
  11. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Great paintwork Andrew!