1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Samurai bust, 18th Century

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by faberdp61, Mar 10, 2013.

1. faberdp61 Member

Italy
    Hi guys, I am painting the first bust made ​​by a friend of mine.
    It has some imperfections being the first bust (I'm sure it will become a great sculptor!) and I'm trying to mask the defects with painting. I started with the face, thinking of a samurai 50 years old, at the end of his glorious career. Sorry for the horrible photos...
    Fabrizio

samurai_rughe01.JPG samurai_rughe02.JPG samurai_rughe03.JPG
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Fabrizio ,

Saw this before when you posted about the sculpting , a good 1st sculpt for sure , well done for putting paint to this .

He does indeed look like he is at the end of his career , remembering the glory days ......of battles he fought and memories he has .

If I may the flesh needs more shadows and then look at the highlights again ...are you using Acrylics (if so can I suggest you use a retarder (...W & N blending medium ) to give you more working time to blend .

I like the look of the mouth area ..has he any teeth still ?

Thanks for sharing and looking forward to seeing what you do with the armour

Nap
  3. faberdp61 Member

Italy
    I made ​​some progress with painting, I finished the face, beard, hair, and started to paint the keikogi.
    The sculpture, as mentioned in previous posts, is not beautiful because it is the first work of a friend of mine, but I'm enjoying it a lot more because I think it is a challenge to paint this bust and try to disguise the defects.

Welcome comments

Attached Files:

Tecumsea likes this.
  4. Helm A Fixture

England
    I like it and as a first sculptd it looks good to me, I think you picked an excellent way to paint it I'd maybe tone the cheeks down a little but it might be the pics too

Steve