Completed Samurai, 13 century

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Vladimir, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Vladimir Active Member

• Hello everyone.
    • A samurai, the size of 90 mm, if he stood in full growth. The actual size is 60 mm. Three head options to choose from.
    • The samurai corresponds to the end of the 13th century, the period of the Mongol invasion. At this time, the samurai fought defensive battles from hiding. He is dressed in o-yoroi armor, corresponding to this period. Sudji-kabuto helmet with horizontally positioned sikoro. Weapons - long bow, long sword tati, short sword tanto.
    • This figure was made in January, unfortunately the photo of the master model has not been preserved. Photos of metal copies have been preserved. I hope you like this samurai!
    • IMG_20200120_081203.jpg IMG_20200120_081440.jpg IMG_20200120_081355.jpg IMG-20200120-WA0008.jpg IMG-20200120-WA0002.jpg эбоси1.jpg кабуто2.jpg кабуто1.jpg разборка.jpg
  2. mortier A Fixture

Germany
    Very nice,i like the helmetversion
  3. Vladimir Active Member

Thank you, I'm glad you liked my work
  4. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Vladimir

Thanks for sharing this a lot of detail there and in white metal ...was this ever released ?

The 3 head option is good

Shame the master pictures aren't available

Happy sculpting

Stay safe

Nap
    malc and Oda like this.
  5. Oda A Fixture

Simply put:Superb!Sculptural integrity and historical accuracy to the fullest.Well done sir!

Oda.
  6. Vladimir Active Member

Thank you for your appreciation! Yes, this figure was released in a small edition. I'm planning another release later. Found a photo of an incomplete master model
    DSCN6466.JPG DSCN6467.JPG DSCN6468.JPG DSCN6469.JPG
  7. yellowcat A Fixture

Canada
    Fantastic sculpts!
    I like all things Samurai especially Samurai in O-Yoroi armour in 90mm and larger.
    I have been studying Samurai, collecting and building Samurai kits since the early eighties. I also restore antique Samurai dolls.

Keep up the excellent work.

Cheers,

Felix
    Oda likes this.
  8. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Interesting and novel piece (y)
    Oda likes this.
  9. Vladimir Active Member

10. Alex A Fixture

Canada
    Where can we buy a copy ?
  11. Vladimir Active Member

Alex, Hello! I am preparing the second issue of this samurai. You can buy it from me. I'll let you know when it's ready!
    Alex and Landrotten Highlander like this.
  12. Landrotten Highlander Well-Known Member

Please keep me in the loop as wel. Will get a copy of this, for sure
  13. Vladimir Active Member