1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

SAMO

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Fischy, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Fischy Well-Known Member

Czech-Republic
    Hello friends and painters [IMG]:)
    Everyone know i mostly paint and sculpt fantasy characters. But sometimes i really want to work with historical concept. And after long time here is my newest figure what is based on history of middle Europe. So maybe you know the Samos empire and this is SAMO in person❤️ Tomáš Duchek made an awesome concept art for me and i really hope i make Sculpture what you will like
    This figure i produce like a limited edition 100pcs (last 60) only so take you chance to have one
    Available on - WWW.ZABAART.COM

WIKIPEDIA -
    Samo founded the first recorded political union of Slavic tribes, known as Samo's Empire (realm, kingdom, or tribal union), stretching from Silesia to present-day Slovenia, ruling from 623 until his death in 658. According to Fredegarius, the only contemporary source, Samo was a Frankish merchant[1] who unified several Slavic tribes against robber raids and violence by nearby settled Avars, showing such bravery and command skills in battle that he was elected as the "Slavic king" (Latin: Rex Sclavorum). In 631, Samo successfully defended his realm against the Frankish Kingdom in the three-day Battle of Wogastisburg.

Sámo2.jpg Sámo3.jpg Sámo4.jpg
  2. Forté A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Fantastic figure for your range. Hope to see many painting it over the next year.
  3. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Very nice sujet - Slavic History!

Prince Samo, actually a rich merchant whose birth date is unknown, created and ruled from 623 until his death in 658 the first organized state of the Slavic tribes with an extent from Silesia to Slovenia...:

[IMG]

[IMG]

The Slovenians unite him a bit as the mythical founding father of their current saate...:

[IMG]

A picture of him is not known, but this Slovenian reconstruction drawing shows what he might have looked like ...

[IMG]

Cheers
    Blind Pew likes this.
  4. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This figure has so many rich opportunities for the figure painter. (y)
  5. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Fascinating piece and so beautifully painted..........wonderful quality

Mike
  6. Nap Moderator

England

Agree there Mike

Hope we see more historical pieces as well as the fantasy

Thanks for sharing

Nap