1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Samnite Reworked!!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Sam, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Sam Active Member

Malta
    Hi guys I have reworked some of this wonderful figure :):):)

I reworked the red and tunice :)))

Any comments or critique are always welcome,

Samwel Vella

Attached Files:

2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Samwel the reds look particularly nice!

Jay H.
    OKC
  3. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Sam
    Working on this great figure as we speak I am enjoying it but its a lttle devil to paint with so many pieces to paint before construction!
    How did you go about starting to paint yours?
    I like what you have done with yours and I agree its a great figure
    Cheers
    John
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Sam,
    He is looking oke..

marc
  5. theseeker Member

United-States
    Samwel,

Excellent job on a very difficult figure. I have mine set aside for a while.
  6. Sam Active Member

Malta
    Hi John,

I like to assemble everything as possible thats my agenda and in this figure it was quite challenging but in your experience hands it should go quite well.

I assambled the 3 parts of the tunic to the body the leg as usual(pinned it well) after I was ready from the red of the tunic I painted the wolfskin black even from the inside cause when I was going to paint the wolfskins back(the side that touches the tunic) I would ruin the red so then I had no difficulties :))))the head was assambled at last and be careful with this cause the horsehair crest has to be touching the wolfskin. :)) the hand that holds the sword was assembled as well cause the wolfs head has to be rested on this :)))

Hope this helps and if you need help just tell me,

Regards,

Samwel Vella
  7. Tarok Active Member

Australia
    Hi Samwell,

Looks good. I like your bronze work. What did you use?
    A couple of nitpicks... I feel that in certain places on the cloak you need more blending or layering to improve the transition between your shadows, mid-tones and highlights; in certain places on the cloak there are a few hard lines when the mid-tone meets the shadow.
    I'm also not that keen on the white-ish trousers. Call it a personal preference.

Once again, overall looks good despite my few nitpicks. Better job than I'd do on this figure anyway :D