1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Saladin - Fall of Jerousalem - 1187

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Major_Goose, Nov 5, 2006.

1. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Costas,
    Very nice and I like the castle wall. sets the tone nicely.
    Cheers
    John
  2. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    I like it! I especially like the yellow background. Gives a desert / Holy land feel. Very effective!

Keith
  3. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Amazing work Costas, I like the composition and the fully live colors contrasts... ;)
  4. Kyle Member

United-States
    Costas,

Sorry I was not clear: I own the movie Kingdom of Heaven on DVD, and I have also been thinking about the seige scene when the wall finally comes down and Saladin's men meet the defenders at the top of the Christopher's gate breach. What a powerful scene--When they showed that scene in the movie, particularly from above, I thought how wonderful it would be to recreate the gate in 1/35 scale, using a mixture of figures. It would be a huge undertaking, and since I am fairly new at figure modeling (just a year), I don't know if I am ready to tackle it.

I would love to hear more of what you are thinking. I can learn from your brilliant skills!

Cheers,

Kyle
  5. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Costas, well done my friend, beautiful vignette.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  6. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    A nice pairing up of figures.~Gary
  7. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot guys for your comments .

@ Kyle, what you mention is nearly my idea for the big project i am working on, but there are not as many Sarecen - Muslims figure in theposes i need them to make the surrendering scene, so i thought of making a scene of the crusaders expecting the enemy before the final battle. As soon as i have it all detailed planned i will tell you more .

@Jose Luis.My friend i am also an AEK fun even more fanatic than the doctor !!!!

@Kenneth. My friend i am on the planning stage so far for the big one

@ Keith P . Thanks for suopporting this background that seems manyguys dont like !!! :lol:

@Ernest. Thanks a lot my friend. Youre definately an Inspiration

@John . Thanks a lot my friend. castles have always been a soft spot for me

@Gary . Thanks a lot Gary

@Roc. Thanks a lot Roc
  8. Kyle Member

United-States
    Costas,

I can't wait to see how your Christopher Gate scene develops. Should be fun to see your rendition!

You will do a masterful job of it.

Kyle ;)
  9. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks Kyle, i have already be picking up the Crusaders figuresone by one, but still i need to finish up the drawing of the scene
  10. aiantas Active Member

Greece
    hallo my brother costas ,another fantastic combination,saladin is fantastic and also the base as always ....
    polla xairetismata costinio :) :)
  11. aiantas Active Member

Greece
    many special regards also to you Jose Luis Munoz (VIVA AEK)!!!
  12. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot Babis for your compliments . Trying to find my way in this beautiful art .

And VIVA AEK
  13. Wikinger New Member

Hi Costas!
    Surerly a long time we had our last contact, but it seems that I am right back for a wonderful work from you. Congratulations!
    You ought to explain those "inks" for the metal a little bit to me, PLEASE!
    Greetings from Austria, Wikinger (Georg)
  14. Kyle Member

United-States
    Costas,

When you have the plans drawn up, would you mind doing an SBS for us on the planning process for doing such a scene? I, for one, would love to see how you approach that process. I really enjoy the groundwork and base work of miniatures, and your scenes are fantastic.

Cheers,

Kyle
  15. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot guys for your compliments . George printers inks come in 4-5 different colors , and they are in a paste form, thick enough, and can be dilluted by white spirite like oil paints. they also can mix with aoil paints, and you can produce a big range of metallics , in the family of golds or white metals . you also can use them as a highlight color as they have much brightness and richness

Kyle i woill be making an sbs like what youre talking about. I just need to reach at the schedule line for this project ..........