1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

saints and soldiers

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by johnnyboy, Aug 20, 2004.

1. johnnyboy New Member

2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Johnny........I had to move it into "General Catagory" as it wasn't really a News Item we run on the Home page.
  3. johnnyboy New Member

no problem guy did you check it out it looks really cool thanks for posting it johnny
  4. JBoisson New Member

Yo JohnnyBoy!!
    Checked out the trailer and well, the uniforms look good. But then they looked good in that Cage/ Navaho code talkers/USMC disaster what was it...WindBreakers? I dunno. That part in the trailer where one G.I. goes on about the krauts being "just like you and me only in different uniforms,"or somehing like that, after surviving Malmedy?! I dunno. Seems most of what I've read about ETO G.I.'s and vet's stories I've listened to, incidents like Malmedy and liberating KZ's in that stage of the war hardened G.I.'s hearts towards Fritzy. Maybe it's more SAINT than Soldier. What the hell, new war movies are always welcome. (unless, of course, they were directed by Ron Maxwell and star Stephen Lang)
    Cheers
    John Boisson
  5. Pete_H New Member

Yo John! Did you catch that 502 PIR insignia on the helmet? Not a single unit from the 101 Airborne was involved in the Malmedy massacre, nor were they anywhere near the vicinity. Hmmmm .... One online review I read called it a "re-enactor's movie" because of the uniforms, field gear, & equipment. Too bad it isn't a wide-release film.