1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Sad news.

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Hardy, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Hardy Guest

This is the worst news I have ever had to post here. Yesterday ( Sunday 27th) Roy Hunt died of a heart attack aged just 49. Not only a top sculptor he was a top human being and I for one will miss him terribly. Its so sad that he has gone when his sculpting was hitting such heights, and after his best of show at euro last year, he was finally reaping the rewards. He was a very modest man and had not a single bad bone in his body, always there to help and to advise. Many misunderstood his little creations, but if you knew Roy you knew he did'nt create these to shock, he just loved children. He had 10......
    My thoughts go out to his wife and 10 kids.

The figure modelling community has lost one of its best. I will never be able to pick up a brush again without thinking of you Roy and the great time we had in Girona. Happy trails mate, till we meet again........

forever your friend. Hardy
  2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    What a tragic loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to Roy's wife and family. He was a supremely talented man and I'm proud to say we shared a brief but very positive long-distance friendship via PM and email.

A true master, gone too soon.
  3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    That is really sad news, Roy was a good person with a big heart, he will definitely be missed.
    I extend my condolences to his family and friends, may he rest in peace, I know he is in a better place.

Roc
  4. quang Active Member

Belgium
    This is really shocking news.

More than the great sculptor, I'll miss the wonderful human being.

My thoughts go you Roy and your family.

Quang
  5. georges64 Member

France
    p... c'est pas vrai!!!
    I still have on my mind his smile and the few words he told me the last day in Girona when I told him who I was...
    My sincere condolences to his wife, children and familly. Your kindness will be missed Roy!

georges.
  6. Koffing Active Member

Italy
    ...I have no words...
    O didn't know Roy but I appreciated his creations (and the best at Euro last year).
    I saw Roy in Girona few days ago....it seems incredible to me that we have missed him...
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    It is sad news indeed. I only knew Roy through his weekly emails back and forth and he was always there to help and share his knowledge. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and his wealth of friends around the world.
  8. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    What a tragic loss! Pam and I extend our sincerest condolences to his family. God bless and keep you Roy.

Dan and Pam Morton
  9. Mark S Guest

How very sad.
    My condolences go to Roy's wife,children and loved ones.
    A talented and compassionate man gone too soon.
    Farewell Roy.
  10. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Truly a tragic loss. A great guy and a great sculptor. Our thoughts are with his wife and children. A sad day for the hobby indeed.

Jay H.
    OKC
  11. Black Army Well-Known Member

Hungary
    He was a great modeller with wonderfull works.
    I extend my condolences to his family and friends.

Balázs
  12. Sad news to our small comunity, Roy was such a person that surely will be missed in our comunity. Could not beleive this, as I still remember him handing me the Euro Best of Show to admire awaiting on the steps just before entering WEGirona just few weeks ago. Life is bitter ...

Roy, you were one of a kind. Sympathy with his family, kids and friends.

Rest in peace, Roy, we surely miss you and your work!

Ivan
  13. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    I've just recieved a phone call from Ivan telling me about Roy's passing away. I truly don't know what to say. Let's all forget what a talented sculptor Roy was. That's nothing compared to the kind of man he was. There was nothing you could hate about him. What a wonderful person indeed. I'm honoured to have been one of his friends.

Roy, it was great working with you last year at Euro. I was hoping we could do that again this year. Destiny decided otherwise I'm afraid. I'm sure you're going to be truly missed by the myriad of friends you have. So long my friend.

Stephen Mallia
  14. Tarok Active Member

Australia
    This truly is gut-wrenching news. I was friends with Roy only briefly, exchanging emails and the odd MSN chat.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Rest in peace, Roy.
  15. jjgurk Member

United-States
    This is very sad news indeed. My deepest condolences to his family.

John
  16. dinovision79 Active Member

It is a tragic day for our hobby, rest in peace Roy!
  17. selous New Member

United-Kingdom
    A Good and True Friend.

On Sunday I lost a very dear friend!

I had spoken to him on the Saturday and he was busy decorating his house. He paused for a while so we could talk, (He always had time to talk to you); and we were planning our next figures together!

Then you get a phone call and an important part of your life is taken from you.

I miss Roy Hunt more profoundly as each hour passes... a true friend, a mentor and one of the kindest people I will ever have the privalege to know.

I wish you good spaces,

Goodbye, my friend,

Bill Love.
  18. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    A Sad Day Indeed !!!!!

My deepest condolences to the family of the late Roy Hunt :(:(:(:(:(:( !!!! Although I never had the chance to meet him in person, he's encouraging comments and inspirational sculpts on the "planet" will be sorely missed indeed. REST IN PEACE, Roy.
    Kenneth.
  19. RossM Active Member

Australia
    A terrible piece of news. I had known Roy for a few years and he always had time to pass on his knowledge. My thoughts are with his family.

Ross
  20. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    What a tragedy! Roy was a great sculptor but more than that,he was a true gentleman.
    I affectionately called him "The Cockney Rebel".My thoughts are with his wife and children.
    Brian