1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Sad news from MFCA

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by socko47, May 3, 2013.

1. socko47 Active Member

United-States
    [IMG]

It is with great sadness the MFCA Family has to report the passing of Vern Minkwitz. Vern was a long-time member of MFCA, an avid painter, teacher, and participant in many figure shows. He had a wealth of knowledge of history, modeling materials, and technique. He is well known for the quality of his flat painting, even after making the move from oils to acrylics. The modeling community will miss him.
    Steve likes this.
  2. roadking Active Member

United-States
    Very, very sad! Vern was a well known and well loved member of the community. He and his wife were always there for the club, show, friendship and memories. Even as he slowed down, Vern was always there at the show enjoying the comraderie. We all will miss him.

Jim
  3. Kreston Active Member

United-States
    Sad news indeed. RIP Vern...you and your family are in our prayers.
  4. socko47 Active Member

United-States
    Some additional information regarding Vern.
    Vern's date of birth was Sept 20,1945, he was 67 years old. He passed away May 3, 2013. His death was peaceful with his family in attendance.
    His wife, Margaret, has expressed Vern's strong belief in the mission of the Artists Preservation Group and asked that donations be made to them in Vern's honor.

http://www.artistpreservationgroup.com/

APG
    2221 Hunter Road SW
    Roanoke, VA U.S.A. 24015

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/philly/obituary.aspx?n=vernon-minkwitz&pid=164620466#fbLoggedOut
  5. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    I will miss Vern's wit and observations on human nature. I will also miss his painting tips. Condolences to his family and other friends.
  6. penster Active Member

United-States
    God Bless Vern. Rest in Peace my friend. I am very sad for his family.