1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Russian Unter-officer Of Leibguard, Jaeger Regiment 1803-1807

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Fex, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Fex Well-Known Member

Russian-Federation
    This is my first experience of painting. I was curious to try it.

IMG_7472 копия.jpg IMG_7469 копия.jpg IMG_7473 копия.jpg
    Filipe, Tarracus, tomifune and 2 others like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Fex ,

Thanks for posting , ddyou enjoy the painting , I like the tapered effect of the sculpt , though it does possibly make the head look overcale , which obvioulsy it is not .

Will we ee more from your brushes .....more from the sculpting please

Nap
  3. fabrizio1969 A Fixture

Italy
    very very fine start
  4. Don Johnson Active Member

United-States
    I commented favorably when you showed us the sculpt, and wondered what it would look like when painted. Now I know!!
    Personally, I'm not a fan of the base - while the clear plastic is a great idea, a piece of acrylic rod stuck into a wood base, with room for a name plate, would be my choice of display.
    On the other hand, it this is just a temporary holder, then please disregard my comment!
    On the whole, I like this very much, and would encourage additional treatments like this in the future. Thanks for sharing!
  5. taffjones Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I will be honest, I'm not a huge than of these thin busts. However I think this one has made me come round. The uniform colours look very well done to myself. Great job.