1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Russian tanker 1943

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gforceman, Sep 26, 2004.

1. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi all,

I'm got back from Euro so inspired that I had to start a new figure. I have learned so much (thanks Jaume!) that I had to try this out. What better a subject then an Alpine figure? There so well sculpted and casted that you just have to put paint in your brus and the rest is childsplay. I've seen on the pictures that I've missedaspot in the neck. I will paint this tis evening.

I'm looking forward to hear all your comments.

Gino.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Gino

An impressive start! Face looks good.......are you using more contrast in your fleshtones? Certainly is a nice figure.

cheers

Rob
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Gino! A great start, also looks like you are using a few more filters for smooother transitions, looks superb. Keep it up!!
  4. Hullebullen New Member

Looks great, you just keep getting better and better with each work...
  5. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the comments.

Yes I'm trying to add more contrast, but also to keep the transitions smoother. For this I use glazes between the highlights:base and base/shadow (big thank you to Jaume for this tip).

Greetz,

Gino.
  6. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi everyone,

Included I post a couple of pics on how far I am on this Alpine figure. The top half isalmost finished. I need to do some subtle blending on some small spots of oil. The hands are just basecoated. I'm looking forward to hear all your comments.

Greetz,

Gino.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi all,

Hereby the progress on my latest work. The figure is ready (I hope?) and all that's left to be done is the groundwor and the nameplate.

All comments are greatly appreciated.

Greetz,

Gino.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  8. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic work Gino.....you get better and better with each figure.......and I love the flesh.....excellent
  9. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Gino,

Great work!! I really like this, one of your best to date in my opinion!

What is next on the line up?
  10. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    VERY NICE,Gino (y) (y) !! Looking forward to its completion.Cheers !
    Kenneth :)
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello Gino,

YES, YES, YES it is a beauty. And i am one of the lucky guys to see him soon in life.

See you 2/11

Marc
  12. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi everyone,

The Russian tanker is finished and baptized "Joerie". The figure is an excellent resin casting by Alpine miniatures to true 1/35th scale. The shell is turned brass by Army in details (super stuff those guys sell!!!). Most of the vegetation is by El Viejo Dragon (some kind of see weed) and what I found in the garden. All is mounted on a base by D.M.C. designs.
    All comments are very welcome.

Greetz,
    Gino

P.S. This painted model is for sale. For more info you can mail me at: beastie-gino@pandora.be

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  13. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work Gino........the base and groundwork really set off the superbly painted figure.
  14. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Gino, very nice, I like the way you painted the face, especially the vein on the neck,nice touch. ;)

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Roc. :)
  15. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Excellent figure Gino, I like the composition with the base and the terrain. Did you made that base?

Ernest
  16. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the nice comments, it'sreally apreciated.

Ernest, the base was bought at D.M.C. designs from Germany. I think he supplies the best bases to be found, and he also makes them to order. If you're intrested I can give you his telephonenumber. He does speak English as he's a Canadian living in Germany.

Greetz,

Gino
  17. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Hi Gino, could you give me their e-mail because a phone call from Venezuela to Germany is very expensive :eek: Thanks
    Ernest
  18. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi Ernest,

I would like to give his e-mail to you, but problem is that he never checks it. he really hates computersand stuff. Can you send him a fax? I will then send you his fax number.

Greetz,

Gino
  19. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Gino,

I think this is one of your best. I like the whole scene and they weathering on the figure. It is really convincing. The base is fits the scene really well.

Joe