1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Russian infantryman, summer, 1905

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by valiant, May 18, 2012.

1. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi guys,
    Just some progress pics of my latest sculpt, Russian Infantryman, summer uniform, 1905, companion to my recent Japanese Infantryman, same period. Apologies for the grainy images, I need more light!! Still much to do, smoothing down, details on shoulderboards, buttons, etc. Detail on plinth features Czar Nicholas II's cipher.
    hope you like it so far!
    cheers,
    Steve(y)

Attached Files:

akaryu, Martin Rohmann, Steve and 3 others like this.
  2. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Steve that's a great looking bust, the face is full of character and looking forward to following. (y)

Cheers Ken
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Steve ,
    Nice start mate, like the greatcoat/blanket across his shoulders , good to see the base receiving the attention as well ...look forward to seeing this and the companion piece being released .

Lets have some close ups of the cypher when its done on the shoulderboards !!!

Is the scupt based on a picture ? ...

I think this scale suits your sculptng well but have you any thoughts on producing larger busts perhaps ?

Nap

Can I suggest you have a look also at a great book- Images of War , The Russian Revolution World War to Civil War by Nik Cornish
  4. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice progress mate, I like the character in the face of this one, good bit of age to him.

All the best

Steve
  5. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    WOW! Looking good!

Cheers
  6. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi guys,
    thanks again for the positives! Kev, this is 200mm approx, larger than the Crimean stuff and thanks for the reference, Ill look it up! Ken, Steve and Kev, hopefully catch up with you at B'ham, Sunday!
    Cheers,
    Steve(y)
  7. Figurenfreund66 Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hello

I take one, what a great face.

Cheers

Hendryk
  8. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Looks well Steve.
    Carl.(y)