1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Russian Infantry, Kursk

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by specmod, Sep 1, 2008.

1. specmod Active Member

Australia
    Here is my latest piece of modelling, fresh off the bench, just now, of a bust from AC Models of a Russian Infantryman during the battle of Kursk.
    This was an excelent piece to paint, as the casting was top notch and has alot of expression to paint in.
    Everything was done using acrylics, but as you can see, l am yet to decide what base l will mount it on, but l couldnt wait to show you what l have just finished instead of showing you all my older works. Hope you like.
    Cheers Andrew

PS: Thanks to Andy from AC for your hospitality at QMHE, great to meet you.

Attached Files:

2. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Great paintjob Andrew, but looking at the pictures I would give the face some more contrast.
  3. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Andrew, over all this is a great effort! I would agree with Marcel's assesment of the face. It looks like it could use more contrasts in the way of shadows, under the mustache, maybe on the cheek-line, at the hair-line, down at the collar, under the brow at the eyes, etc. The hair and mustache both look quite good. The kakhi colors look acurate as well. With that said, I would have finished the top surfaces of the shoulders where you have the black color applied, it looks as if they could still be the tops of his shoulders and should be the khaki of the shirt. I would also revisit the eyes. They appear to be looking in opposite directions, each too far to the outside. I also think you missed a seam line/casting line on the lower part of the bust (his left) that cuts across the outer cloak. These are only constructive comments, don't take them as negative. Good efforts all around!

Jay H.
    OKC
  4. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    This one of my favorite pieces from AC Models, I plan to paint in the near future; that having been said, I agree with Jay and Marcel
  5. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    great face! Must have been a pleasure to paint it
  6. specmod Active Member

Australia
    Hi All

Thanks for your comments, all taken aboard, l didnt want to over do it with the shading on this figure due to its size and when l look at a real persons face l dont see all these rich colors that you see on some figures, not that they dont look spectacular, however l see what you mean and am going to do a little more to it and then post some more pics and see what you think then.
    Thanks again
    Andrew
  7. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Andy,

I too like this bust very much and I like the work you've done on him so far. As Jay mentioned, the eyes do appear to be looking in opposite directions.

I'm looking forward to seeing some more pics after you do some touch ups.
  8. alamac Well-Known Member

Australia
    G'Day Andrew.
    It is a great character piece and you've done a nice job, as the guys have said a little more contrast will make a huge amount of difference.Looking forward to some more shots.
    Cheers
    Alan
  9. specmod Active Member

Australia
    Slight change

Hi all

Here is a new pic of the figure with some slight changes, that l think have made it better, mainly different tones around the eyes, the eyes themselves,and around the mouth and his mo. Hope you like what lve done.
    Cheers Andrew

Attached Files:

10. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Well done Andrew. These touches are very nice improvements!

Jay H.
    OKC
  11. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Andrew,

The touch ups were certainly worth it mate. Much better eyes now. Well done.
  12. Zlobov*S Active Member

This very alive person of the Russian soldier!
    Beautiful bust Andrew!
    Yours faithfully.
  13. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Andrew

I think you caught the character very well.
    Andy