1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Russian Imperial Majesty Leib-Guards Cuirassier Regiment

Discussion in 'Imperial Russian Empire' started by Capt. Warren, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Capt. Warren PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    I really want to thank everyone for all of their help on this project. I undertook this project for a co-worker of mine whose 5th great grandfather was the Imperial Majesty Leib-Guards and was promoted to Poruchik on 1/1/1761. As I started earlier, I started with an SK Miniatures Napoleonic Cuirassier with Horse Head (a former Ademola 22 figure). I had to remove the helmet, epaulets and fancy collar and sleeves but otherwise everything came close enough. Jewelers saws are amazing tools! After learning from theBaron that the helmet was not used during the date range of my project, I had to find a bicorn hat in the correct scale. I imposed on the fine folks at MJ Miniatures and they sent me a spare hat from their kit MJ09-011 which worked perfectly. Had to sculpt the bow and fob. I am not really that good at free hand painting, but think I did a reasonable rendition of Katherine's Monogram. Just closing out and thought I would share some photos of the final piece. Front 4-6-21.jpg Left Front 4-6-21.jpg Right Front 4-6-21.jpg Back 4-16-21.jpg
    Old Pete and Nap like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there

WELL DONE on the completed piece , good donor figure and the idea works

Good to see your Artwork

Why not enter a piece into the class of your choice in our FOTM comp and also vote in previous months classes as well as voting in Vignette & Diorama comp #2 ...

....And enter in Vignettes & Diorama #3 which will be set up for 1/5/21 running till 31/01/22

Always good to see the artwork

Thanks for sharing

Look forward to the next

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Capt. Warren likes this.