1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Russian house sbs

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ernest, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Hello to all, I post this small sbs explaining how I panted this cool scene from http://www.pathosminiatures.com/

The cast for this one is really good, the resin is very clean and good shape, everything fit very well, just need some sanding, remove some resin blocks and will be ready for primer.

For primer I used the Tamiya grey primer, very thin coats and dull finish. After that I started to paint the wood using a mix of chcolate brown + German camo black brown, using the airbrush with this mix for all the wood parts, then using the brush size 2 or 3 I painted different colors tones like orange brown, black red, english uniform, brown sand, sunny skin tone, burnt cadmio red, black, etc.

Then some details for the woodgrain using a smaller brush size 00 or 0, using different mixtures tones.

When all the wood paint work is done I covered with Worn Effect from AK interactive product using the airbrush.

[IMG]

When the Worn Effect is dry I use the airbrush with a paint mixture of Azur + white to emulate the paint all over the wood walls of the house, then let it dry about 15min and use a wet brush to remove some parts of the paint over the woods give it the effect of chipping paint.

[IMG]

[IMG]

For the roof once again I used the airbrush but this time using a mix of Dark grey + medium grey, lights adding sky grey and white, after that some color tones of olive grey, dark blue, violet, dark green, etc.

I used the brush to add some weathering effects, textures, and worn look.

[IMG]

[IMG]

For the window I used a clear sheet painted with a bit of acrylic paint using some sand brown and Khaki.

For lower parts of the house I use different green tones like olive grey, black green, medium green, etc.

The grass is static grass painted with airbrush and brush, also I used different kind of vegetation produced by different brands.

[IMG]

[IMG]

All the accessories for the scene was painting using different brown color tones, nothing fancy, the choose of mixtures is free, some lighters some darkness but with harmony between them. Important to use reference pictures for paint all this.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The figures are not include in the kit, was using only for proportion scale of the house.

I really recommend this scene for all those who likes Dioramas, you could add a little war tank or car of WWII period or maybe using this for other purpose, even a fantasy scene, the resin is really good quality and fit very well.
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Excellent work Ernest.(y)
    Ernest likes this.
  3. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Brilliant Ernesto as always and just shows the value of an air brush and modern painting mediums in capable hands. You make it sound so easy:rolleyes: I've got 3 top quality air brushes and none of them work as well as yours.......LOL.....

Keith
    Ernest and Bootneck like this.
  4. sayeret Active Member

Great!
    Very nice work!

Roberto
    Ernest likes this.
  5. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great effects Ernesto - all the elements work really well together (y)

-Rich
    Ernest likes this.
  6. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    very helpful, a masterpiece
    Ernest likes this.
  7. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    very nice in deed a great effect made to look so easy well done .

Ian
    Ernest likes this.
  8. swralph A Fixture

Great work.
    Ernest likes this.
  9. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    WOW!!!!! That is superb and very realistic. Thanks for this SBS, it will really help for scenery etc
    Ben
    Ernest likes this.
  10. Nap Moderator

England
    Lovely work

I will be doing a full review in the very near future ...it appears a good addition series and another useful kit like the previous release in this series

Great SBS ...you make it look so easy!

Thanks for sharing

Nap