1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Russian cavalry

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by slaj, Dec 2, 2005.

1. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi guys.It's been a while since I posted anything. Just wanted to show you some shots from my latest figure. It's in 54mm. A lot of polishing is still to be done

Stephen Mallia

Attached Files:

2. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    another

Attached Files:

3. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    other detail

Attached Files:

4. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    knee detail

Attached Files:

5. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    another

Attached Files:

6. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    last one

Attached Files:

7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Stephen,

It looks real great to me. At the pose i would think he is riding on a horse. Gone you sculpt the horse, or what.
    Keep us informed. I will follow this closely.

marc
  8. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Stephen,
    great stuff! I love the addition of the rip in the shield. Are you sculpting the horse as well? Keep us posted on this one. I love mounted figures and anxiously await some progress on this one!

Jay H.
    OKC
  9. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hey looks like you've opted for my way of posting pics, one by one in each subsequent post :lol: :lol:

I'm impressed mate............really :eek:

Keep us posted and don't refrain from bringing the stuff to club!!!!!!

Ray
  10. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Stephen, well you obviously haven't been "SLEEPING"! :lol: That looks terrific and i'm now eagerly waiting until horse and rider are united! Your sculpts have always been very nice but this one is leaps and bounds better than your previous efforts. Keep up the terrific work! (y) (y)

Jim Patrick
  11. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Stephen, Nice job. That type of armor has got to be the hardest to do. Armor scares me.:eek:~Gary
  12. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Gary, you're right.It was a nightmare. All the scales were sculpted one by one and it took ages.

Stephen Mallia
  13. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hey Jimbo my friend ,how are you? SLEEPING ? Well can't really afford to with the amount of work at hand. I'm seriously doubting my presence at MFCA. BTW e-mail me your MSN address pls

Stephen Mallia
  14. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Ray, thanks.It's not that I didn't want to bring it to club. It's with all this CHOGM thing and all the PSOing :lol: .Will bring it first meeting hopefully

Stephen Mallia
  15. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Thanks guys for the positive feedback. Yes the horse is under way too the head of which I showed you already

Stephen Mallia
  16. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looks great Stephen..........I look forward to your progress as its one of my favorite periods.
  17. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Thanks guy, will keep you posted

Stephen Mallia
  18. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Excellent Stephen! Great to finally see the man who rides the horse! Im also in process of doing a similar piece of armor like you, it is a bear!

I would suggest using an X-Acto to scrape the armor on the chest to smooth or sharpen them, they look a little 'bubbly' so to speak, the scales on the arm looks great.

Looking forward to the next installment!!
  19. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Very, very nice, Stephen! Should be really neat when the horse and rider are combined!

All the best,
    Dan
  20. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Thanks Dan and Anders. I know Anders, I still have to go through them one by one and see what needs be done. I just want them out of my site for the moment :(

Stephen Mallia