1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Ruslan Volkov (Russia) - News

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Martin Antonenko, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Tom W. Well-Known Member

Germany
    The ruinator of Germany......
    Babelfish and FlaBtl (Sfl) 606 like this.
  2. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well, I thought I'd give it a day to see the reaction and all I can say is that the oft espoused view of posters that this site should be apolitical (see below) doesn't count when it's someone they don't like. As Adrian says: "Surprised about the over-the-top responses, rather inappropriate as well."

Bending over backwards to be fair, I assume that all of these posters also signal their dislike of all and any other products they see that they personally don't like (eg "I don't want this because I don't like Romans, they killed my great great to the many powers, Celtic grandparents" or somesuch), but I suspect not... so it's disingenuous to give this as an excuse.

And as for "The ruinator of Germany......": I thought some guy in the 1930/40s did that and IMHO it's just plain stupid to compare her with Pol Pot or Idi Amin.

Talking of the ruinator of Germany, I did a search on representations of Hitler and found less vitriolic comments. regarding figs and busts of him. Similarly with SS figs: why is it that Waffen-SS (judged a criminal organisation) subject are so popular in this hobby? (and no, they weren't all conscrips).

There's also a thread and vote on keeping politics out of this site (69% 'yes') here:
    https://www.planetfigure.com/thread...nnocent-pfigure-painting-threads.53648/page-3

Some quite nutty comments in the thread but the consensus is clear and Del's edit of Colin (ChaosCossack)'s contribution sums it up:
    Political discussions should be reserved for the Lounge where those keen on a debate can get into one if that is what they are looking for.

As for subject choice, paint what appeals to you for whatever reason it may appeal to you personally. Just do your best work you can on every figure.

The only caveat I can put out there is that everyone remember that they are posting on a public forum and lets try not to be insensitive in their posts or hurtful in their comments.

Common sense should always prevail

So, as they say in football: play the ball, not the player.
  3. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Actually, now you mention it I reckon that an Idi Amin caricature bust could be quite a fun paint.

Kim Jong Un as well - how about that for an exercise in blacks & greys and really sharp hair?!

Kim Jong Un haircut.jpg Kim Trump call.jpg KimJongUn_c.jpg

(So Ruslan, if you're reading this ...... :sneaky::cool:)

- Steve
    FlaBtl (Sfl) 606 likes this.