1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review RP Models "Bustorama" Parthian Camel Warrior

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Nap, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Steve

Thanks for commenting and posting pics on the 75mm ...never seen so many legs...LOL

Look forward to your working on it

Happy bench time

Nap
  2. Nap Moderator

England

Hi James

Welcome to PF ,good to have you with us

Glad your happy on the RP model, sure Hugo will be as well

Look forward to seeing yours as a SBS as well

Feel free to message me if you need any help as well

Happy benchtime

Nap
  3. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom

Hoping to get the camel parts pinned tonight so i can give them a primer coat tomorrow and then some colour on by the weekend. But i am sure life will get in the way somewhere, it usually does lol :) :)
    Nap likes this.
  4. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Here's a few more, could be worse, could be toes lol

20190622_190105.jpg
    Nap likes this.
  5. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Steve

Its a diferent software measures... The new one is the best... Its because of that the old camel is a little bigger... But the most important thing is the enjoyment of the hobby... LOL... Thank you so much and I want see you paint... I know it will be fantastic... Dont forget to share with me...

Thank you so much.
    Big hug
    Hugo
  6. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hugo,

It's a fantastic piece and I cant wait to get on with it, just pinned the large parts so I can get a primer coat on them.
    Make sure you have a rest when you get all the pieces sent off. You and nuno deserve it.
    Take care friend
  7. yellowcat A Fixture

Canada
    Hi Hugo,
    Another fantastic piece. Very nice and clean casting, My only concerns are either the rider looks big or the camel looks too small. The camel legs are short too. Even for a young camel the legs are long. I am using Steve pictures for the comparison hope he wouldn't mind.

Regards,

Felix

camel11.jpg

camel10.png
    Nap and Hugo Pereira like this.
  8. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Yellow Cat

In first place I want to express my gratitude to your message and thank you for your concern. Truly appreciated... But if you allow me I would like to express just a little comment. I will let a few images below...

x3.jpg

x1.jpg

x2.jpg

size2.jpg

Like the humans, the animals have different sizes. If you see in some photos that I take, a person with almost 2 meters will be bigger than a person with 1 meter and a half. The rider has the lower body to the right, as it needs an impetus to pry the spear accompanied by the movement contrary to the camel movement. This position allows to guarantee a greater balance in the mount, guaranteeing force for the use of the spear, and later stocked on the enemy.

Another thing... There are different type of species of camels... I remember 3 of them... Bikaneri Camels, Jaisalmeri Camels and Gujarati Camels... This species are from India... In North Africa are different types too... Its just another idea that i would like to left...

Thank you so much for believe in RPmodels. You are the motor for we always try to be better and try to improve. Your strength and believes are the most important thing.

Again THANK YOU so much.
    With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
  9. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello my Friend Steve

Thank you so much for the comparison of the old camel... We are using a new size/numeric software and because of that the sizes of the figure today have more accuracy... Always try to improve... Try to grow up in the hobby...

Thank you so much.
    Big hug.
    Hugo
    Nap likes this.
  10. Nap Moderator

England
    Blimey ...legs , legs and more legs ...........cue the play on the camel theme........just gives me the "hump" ......LOL

Look forward to seeing Steves result from the bench on his own SBS ...going to stick to less leggy things

Nap
  11. MrBMB A Fixture

Nice pics and review Nap
    RP are doing cracking stuff!!
  12. Nap Moderator

England

Cheers for the comment ref review ...it took a very long time so it's nice to see response

As for RP ...Hugo tells me this is his best ..........until the next I think !!

As a company RP have certainly made their mark on the hobby and credit to Hugo in his responses to comments ...always happy to listen to ideas and suggestions as well

Happy benchtime

Nap
  13. Reality in Miniature Member

United-States
    This is a hugely complex and well executed sculpt. Kudos for a job well done.
    Nap and Small Soldier like this.
  14. Reality in Miniature Member

United-States
    Choosing what to include and where to stop when doing a bust or partial figure is a difficult choice. From what I can see, the half-camel choice may be artistically sound. It certainly makes for interesting boundaries and shapes. Very unique.

Tom
    Nap and Small Soldier like this.
  15. Small Soldier New Member

Canada
    These guy's do great stuff! I will have to get something from them someday. That camel rider is awesome!!
  16. Small Soldier New Member

Canada
  17. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Nap, A great review of a super kit from RP. Many thanks also for the photos. They helped me immensely in figuring how to properly assemble this little beauty. I have the 75mm version and your photos also confirmed my suspicions that the saddle had arrived with the front saddle horn was missing. I just have to make a new one and I can start this one.
    Nap likes this.
  18. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Clrsgt

If you want I will send a new piece... My apologies for any inconvenience...

With best regards
    Hugo
    clrsgt and Nap like this.
  19. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Hello Hugo,
    I will accept your kind offer.
    PM sent.
    Nap likes this.
  20. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Mike

Thank you so much and my apologies for any inconvenience.

Regards
    Hugo Pereira