1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

RP Models Boudica Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Kimmo, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Osebor PlanetFigure Supporter

Spain
    Nice and detailed work...
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Kimmo

Good to have see you survived the festivities ...lol

She is looking really good now , few things as you say left but minor

Ref lettering..I would use black personally but in larger sized letters

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  3. Kimmo A Fixture

Cheers Osebor and Nap! As the year winds down, I can finally call this done.

After several mini-sessions of adding a touch of shading here and there, cleaning up some details, redoing the hair a bit and adding a light wash to the base I'm at the stage where I'm happy enough. If I'm being completely honest, I could easily spend another week harmonising the lighting and getting some more definition, but other matters are pressing so this will do, pending stamp of approval from my friend.

DSC_0138.JPG

DSC_0139.JPG

DSC_0140.JPG

DSC_0142.JPG

DSC_0144.JPG

Here's a 100% crop with no resizing to give you a good idea of the incredible detail, even on the torque. And the small length of earring that I added. There is one molded onto the fox but I wasn't happy with the sit so I shaved off a bit and used some wire bent to shape.

DSC_0146.JPG

This has been an enlightening and fun project. I got some much needed experience with challenging technical painting, and a chance to really work with colours. My usual projects are quite drab in comparison, not to mention a good deal smaller, and not nearly as detailed. It was also a good opportunity to test the Nocturna paint set and Vallejo's Mecha varnish. I can heartily recommend both. Without a proper side by side test (hmmm...future idea), I'd say that the Mecha Matte seems to be even more matte than Vallejo's Model Color, plus it should be more durable. I'll get some glamour shots done up during the week and then officially call it a wrap. Thanks to everyone who followed along, Happy New Year.

Kimmo
    balder, Nap and Landrotten Highlander like this.
  4. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Wow ,beautiful work

Mobo
  5. Kimmo A Fixture