1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

RP Models 100mm Medal of Honor John Basilone at Guadacanal - 1942

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Blue Thunder, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    My friend, you counted my words? Gee, what a hobby! :)

I'm offering alternatives and I take darts ... world is indeed a strange place

You see, a new member speaking of a new product always leaves something in the air. But no worries, you see I have literally no interest in internet shots. web tennis doesn't make my boat float. But for some reason the halo remains here for everyone to see. Now that's a real good strategy for new comer, may I say so.

David, this is a hobby - each models as he wishes! So, go ahead! You like it so much, have fun! In all modelling areas the same occurs. But to you David, I'll just give one advise: As finding a machine gun around is hard, pick a sports rifle, disassemble the stock, hold the barrel tight with your bare hand and then shoot one single round. Leave your hand there. That's it. You don't need to do nothing more. But take your beloved one with you. You are going to need her. You guess why...

My friend: A machine gun barrel heats at 300º-500º. You know what these values mean? A domestic oil heater or an oven are not even close to these numbers and you can't grab them. The moment you shoot one single round you will realize what I'm saying. Until then ... keep your ideas and have fun with modelling.

No dead horses to me! I'm out: the court is yours! Enjoy it.
    Filipe likes this.
  2. DOswalt Member

United-States
    Exactly, my friend , I counted each word in order to try and decide what you were trying to say. :)

It is a hobby and each should do as his heart or mind desires, AND as much as I appreciate your advice to a newcomer, perhaps you should check Profiles, I have been a member here much longer than you my friend. :)

Also, thank for your one advise, but I am familiar enough with firearms to know what happens when a bullet fires. What you have not taken into consideration, my friend, is that this does not apply to a water cooled machine gun. First, you can not even grasp the barrel as it is inside the jacket! As long as the coolant system is intact the barrel doesn't get anywhere near as hot as you claim, it is surrounded by cool water to prevent that very thing. If you detach the reservoir, the gun can still be fired for a time before the jacket gets hot enough to burn flesh or anything else. Firing short bursts will give even more time before the temperatures you mention occur. I suspect you may have made your previous observations based on the characteristics of an air cooled machine gun. Regardless of any of this, you fail in all posts to note both the documented actions and injuries sustained by the Sergeants mentioned. QED

As for your final condescending thought for me to keep my ideas, may I extend the same to you. :)
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi guys,

Just to let you know this arrived today ....please be a little patient for the review ...it will be an interesting review and worth sharing

PM me if you have any specific questions

Nap
  4. bigtodd PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Nap,

I am sitting on pins and needles to see pictures of this with lighter colored primer on it. Thanks for getting one and sharing it with us.
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  5. TADATSUGU Guest

Maybe the model is not crying out in anger but in pain - "This thing is f*#@%*g hot! Sorry, just couldn't resist
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi guys,

Update time ....I have primed all pieces ready for pictures in about an hour ...or so (SWMBO wants shopping!)then I will do the review later today about 19:00 BST....

Keep watching folks...what a tease eh!...naughty Nap!!

Nap
  7. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    A word of advice!

If you like it buy it and paint it...................if you don't like it don't buy it..................nothing else matters