1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Royalist Officer bust - Finished!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mongo Mel, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Hey everybody,
    It's been a long time since I posted anything but I recently completed the United Empire Miniatures "Royalist Officer - English Civil War" bust by Matt Springer....

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

It's a beautiful bust and I really enjoyed painting it. But being a bit out of practice, I think I did a fair job on it at best. I'm just so happy that I finally finished something :)

As always, I appreciate any and all constructive comments and criticizims.
    Thanks for looking,
    Craig

Attached Files:

2. jacksparrow1979 New Member

United-Kingdom
    Such a shame that United Empire Miniatures are not still going. Would have loved to have purchased some of their busts.
    Very nicely painted Craig. Great bust!
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    stunning work Craig. I like almost every painted mm. i seen.
    This is what i like to see that could be better: the white sleeves. They have no shade's on the picture......maybe there is shading but it isn't to see on this picture.

marc
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Lovely bust Craig, very well painted.
  5. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello

Very well done.

Regards from Portugal
    Pedro
  6. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Craig,

Nice paintwork on the face, especially like the eyes.

Cheers Ken

What happens if you get scared half to death twice .?
  7. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi Craig, Really nice work, the eyes in particular are very nicely painted, something I find really difficult! The feathers on the hat are completely bleached of any colour-I assume that is the camera?
    Keith.
  8. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent painting Craig.
  9. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Hello all,
    Thanks for your comments.
    Jason, I sent you a PM about UEM that may be of interest.
    Marc, I did rather subtle shadowing and highlighting of the sleeves. And I didn't want the sleeves to match too closely in color with the white lace collar. I used Buff mixed with Parchment for the base color, Titanium White for the highlights and just a tiny bit of Burnt Sienna for shadowing. My goal was for it to look more like a raw cotton as compared to the lace.
    Keith, the feathers are also rather subtle. I painted them using a mix of Titanium White and a little Sepia. When dry, I applied a wash of Titanium White which toned down the Sepia. Then when this was dry, I did some spot highlighting with Titanium White.
    Thanks again for all the feedback.
    Craig :)
  10. RFL Active Member

United-States
    Hey Craig

I think that`s a much better paint job then the pics represent. Perhaps a few tones darker will give a better feel for the work IMHO.

RL
  11. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Hi Craig, very good job, I like it very much and there's nothing personally I would change
    or improve - VERY GOOD !!

RobH.
  12. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Very nice painting Craig!!

Ray ;)
  13. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Craig,
    Very nice bust.
    Cheers
    John
  14. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice work Craig! I have this bust as well and have always liked it. I have some slight modifications in mind for mine. Yours is an inspiration!

Jay H.
    OKc